how many hours between taking citalopram ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

ive been taking mine in the morning about 10 am but id rather now take them about 9pm at night to sleep through the side effects .Can i do this tonight even though i took one at 10 am this morning ?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm not a doctor so I'm not sure what to tell you, you could ask a pharmacy, they are a huge help on questions like that. good luck, I've tried taking mine both morning and night, back to the mornings for me and I'm on 10mg now, only been a week since I upped it from the 5mg to the 10, sure hope I start feeling like me and soon!!!! Good luck as I said, but call a pharmacy and ask them, they'll help answer that question for you.
    • Posted

thanks , i will try find out some more information .Surely it wont do any harm as some people take 40mg a day
    • Posted

No it may not but maybe more tired or a little dizzy, not sure though, I've only been on this pill for 6 weeks, guess I'm still getting use to it though, still tired pretty much all day and anxious too.
    • Posted

yeh ive just had the bad headache and little dizzyness .I seem to be very sweaty too haha but it could be worse .hopefuly if i take it at night i will skip all that
  • Posted

I would take half a tablet tonight, half in the morning as early as you can then just start 10mg at night tomorrow.
  • Posted

hi how long have you been taking them?? as i was on paroxetine for 9 months and i know they helped as im a diffrent girl now but they wernt effective enough for me so my doctor said about changing to these. in 3 weeks ive gone from 60 and this in the second day and i aint had any.. the doctor told me to take my citalopram after 2 days to flush out any other meds.. but im thing about starting them tonight and im not feeling the best.. did you come of any other meds??
    • Posted

I've been on citrolapram now for 6 weeks today but only on the 10 mg for a we well now. I also take clonazepam for anxiety/insomnia issues, not coming off any other meds. Just trying to get use top the cit now
    • Posted

On the 10 mg for a week now* sorry darn auto correct.
  • Posted

I've been taking mine for 5 weeks now. Still super tired. I've been thinking about switching to morning to see if that would help me.
    • Posted

I take mine in the morning's. I'm on 10 mg now, what do you take? 6 weeks now for me but upped from 5 mg to the 10 mg a week ago only!
    • Posted

I take Citalopram 10mgs. I had one week at 5, then the last 4 weeks at 10. Have you had any side effects?
    • Posted

Very tired and some anxiety but that kicks in because I'm so tired and I hate being so tired during the day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.