How much more must I take?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been struggling for a while now.  There's no end to it.  One thing after another.  Been pushed to the limits.  Od'd last night, been sick all day, now ex refusing to bring sons over for weekend.  He doesn't know about my od.  He's just being awkward.  Really can't cope with this on top of everything else.

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Did anything happen to push you to your limits?
  • Posted

hi mami can you think of what has pushed you beyond you limits ? regards your o/d have you been to a & e if not just get there and start the ball rolling in getting the help you need your ex needs a good kick up the backside ! just get to your doctor and get the help you need ! take care david
    • Posted

Hi David, no didn't go to A&E this time, have in the past.  Everything seems to be going wrong for me right now, can't keep taking the abuse, the hurt and knockbacks that life has to offer.  It's all too much.  Sorry. x
  • Posted

This is just a suggestion as we don't know what the situation is with your ex.  Could it be he is sheilding and protecting your sons from your illness?  Sometimes when we are depressed we jump to assumptions.

Many people end up as ex's and having to protect their kids when the ill partner won't get help.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, but my ex is a controlling abusive man, that's why he's an "ex".  He does not know the details or extent of my illness therefore can't be protecting my sons from me.  I am no risk to my children, otherwise social servises would be involved, and they are not.    I am currently on medication, and have been for years, also I'm under CMHT and receiving DBT by psychologist, so hopefully am getting the help I need.
    • Posted

Ok just checking, in which case your ex is could be the reason you are ill. So look up narcissistic tendancies and how to deal with one.

Glad you are getting help, I know from experience it is not easy.

Get yourself some free legal advice, good idea not to let your ex know about your struggles in case he tries using it against you.

There are solicitors who have details on there website about dealing with separation/divorce/custody issues where the partner is abusive and controlling, also if he has tried any form of physical abuse you may be entitled to legal aid, good luck.

• Posted

I am sorry that you were abused. What media are you on?
    • Posted

Hi susan, I am in the UK.  DBT stands for Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, it was designed for sufferers of Borderline Personality Disorder, but is now used to treat other conditions too.  CMHT is Community Mental Health Team and I am under a psychiatric nurse there.  She is very good and understanding.  At the moment I'm on Escitalopram 20mg, have been on Buspirone and Risperidone too, but they were stopped in May to reduce the risk of od.  xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.