How much walking should you do at 3 weeks.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had surgery 3 weeks ago to repair rectocele stage 4 and cystocele stage 4 with acell mesh. Also a sling from acell mesh for bladder. I feel good, as far as no real pain. I've been going on short walks, only about 5 minutes. Really being cautious. Biggest problem is not emptying bladder completely. Get up 4 times at night, because of that.

Thanks for all comments, I never heard of this until it happen to me. I'm 51 years old in good Heath, take no medicine.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You may have read on other posts where this frequency has been discussed and it's often because the bladder is handled during the operation and it should settle. However it's always wise to have a urine test to rule out infection if you're concerned.

• Posted

Thank you, when I went last week check up. They tested urine. The doctor did tell me sometimes it takes time. Sometimes it's a good flow and others it very weak..... Do you know how much walking you should do? Or is it best to rest a lot? I do feel really good, but I want everything to heal well. I am fortunate enough to have a large support group. Want to do what is best. Do you have additional information on activity? I know no lifting bending etc.

Thanks for your comments.

• Posted

grace there's some information on the Genitourinary home page under Useful Resource that you may find helpful particularly the South Tees information. However at 3 weeks you still need to take things easy and short walks are ok. Gradually build up over the next 3 weeks but if you do feel tired don't push yourself otherwise you'll probably regret it the next day. Definitely no lifting yet and if you have to bend be really cautious and bend your knees gently. If you have a car the general rule is no driving until the 6th week because you won't have the strength to do an emergency stop. If you want to drive earlier contact your insurance company. Don't stand for long periods and rest as much as possible with short walks every hour. Don't be concerned if you start to feel more pain or discomfort over the coming weeks, it's because your sutures are tightening. You also may notice odd lumps and bumps in the vulval area, again it all down to healing. The most important thing is not lifting and rest.

• Posted

Thanks for addition information. I will also read up south tees. Thanks ❤️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.