How often do you use creams to keep dryness away

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm usibg  a combination if creams which seem to work to keep vaginal dryness away. Yes is brilliant as are pessaries with garlic and rose oil I'm trying to reduce the use to a few times a week instead of every day. Has anyone else managed s routine that gives days off from constantly inserting stuff??? Every time I go away anywhere my bag is full of creams pessaries etc it's like a walk in medicine cabinet. 

1 like, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

I had to smile reading this as I am the same especially when I go on holiday; the creams and gels. Trouble is what works at one time can turn into a sensitive cream after much use. It's a fine balance we aim to achieve. Garlic and rose pessaries sound good. Where are they from please?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi pessaries are from Naturalhealth practice . Do you still have to use all these creams I'm so sick  of thinking every day what will work today. My bathroom us heaving with stuff. 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Think we soon learn what works at the moment and what does not work. Always on the look out for new solutions to this on hoping problem. At the moment I use  multi gyn actively from stress no more site or boots. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Liz

I have vaginal dryness post meno,

And solved it minimally, i use premeno duo ovules as and when i feel i need one, they are very good, i tried all other replens etc but too messy,  and for me premeno duo ovules are best.

Once a week only do i use half a Ovestin estriol ovule, and ovestin estriol cream on outer bits.

I now check vaginal PH is okay regulary with the eco care vaginal PH home testers from amazon or ebay .. 

PH being most important as if higher than it should be could be Bacterial Vaginosis

Premeno duo ovules have dual effect they keep you moisturised and help prevent thrush and BV.

From stress no more uk or amazon uk

Jay xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi jay I can't use ovestin cream as I got a lot more soreness from using it. What's ovestin ovule? What's a normal ph reading. What should u be aiming for?  
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Liz

Vaginal PH should be 4 to 4.5 if higher or above could be sign of BV which also causes discomfort that feels similar to dryness .. Ovestin estriol Ovules may not be available in UK i dont know ..

the vaginal PH tests explain it all and colours result on pack.. 

Have a good day Liz

Jay xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

pjur med premium glide is the best lubricant and you only need a tiny amount.  It is silicone and is not absorbed, so sits on the surface.  Most other lubricants are water based and so are short acting. 
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up