How on Earth do you cope with fatigue?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all, hope you are well.

I have been suffering with extreme fatigue for over 4years now. Docs said blood tests ok, changed docs....sent me off for CFS therapy....didn’t work...gave me HRT....worked a bit so it is likely menopause.  Been without a period for well over a year so am defo post menopausal.

I have to work full time, I live alone, I can’t take any more sick or else I will be in trouble. I just cannot function anymore. I don’t know what to do.

How do you cope? I can’t drop hours and feel trapped. The depressive episodes don’t help either.

Does anyone have a solution? Going mental here......

Next life I will be a bloke, one mood all their lives😂😂😂

take care all.

xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Biscuit - Have you had your thyroid extensively checked ? & also look at Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome - Western drs do not believe in AFS, so you would have to find a functional naturopath dr to test for it - it’s just something to rule out - 

• Posted

Have you been tested for Epstein Barr ? I had terrible fatigue I mean AWFUL ! And knew nobody else had the severity of what I had so I got tested and yes I have mono . 

The fatigue has been unbearable ... going to bed at 6.30pm and just spending all day completely exhausted . 

• Posted

That sounds serious. I will give google a spin....

All I do is sleep.....feel like my life is done at 53😱

have you got treatment.

• Posted

There is no real cure for Epstein Barr and mono only rest rest rest boost your immune system  .... takes a long time when you’re older to get rid of it and can pop it’s head up when your hormones drop . 

Most of the fatigue from meno is from night sweats etc  ... but women continue with their lives . Mine has been debilitating ! 

• Posted

Hi Buscuit

I wa lucky as I have a partner , but I remember coming home exhausted after work and just sitting on the sofa and vegetating.

I have said this before on this forum if you can find some energy and start to do some form of excercise you enjoy it will make it easier. Also watch what you eat cook only healthy food and fresh even if it’s salads if you can.

The symptoms won’t go away but it will make it easier for you To cope with. 

Hang on in i there u r not alone.

:-)

• Posted

Hi Biscuit! About 5 years ago, I was tired a lot. My gyno found that I was low (Most women are) on Vitamin D3 (the sunshine vitamin). Haha...I live in Florida! So she put me on 2000 IU of D3 and within 2 weeks...bam...energy went up. I still take it and am rarely fatigued. Please ask your doctor about that and have her test for D3 deficiency. Also, drink lots of fresh water...dehydration can create fatigue. I hope this helps you! Hugs!! -Kazjo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.