how orlistat really works?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there peeps.

my blue pills are sitting in the kitchen as i type ready to help me with my quest to get in better shape.

I was on another orlistat forum and saw a question posted which made me wonder... and which i will retpye here in me own words :D

well, does orlistat mainly work because it makes the users develop a fear of the orange oil accidents that can happen when too much fat is eaten? In other words is it a training tool to make us more aware of what we are putting into our bodies?

I know it does block a certain amount of fat. But is this only partly how it works and its more about diet awareness?

thanks for any answers i get!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The doctor in the hospital who put me on Orlistat said they are like a \"policeman\" so I guess they are a deterrent, a means of not absorbing fat, and burning your own, and a training tool too!

Gill

xxx

• Posted

As someone who only started on the tabs on Saturday and got the 1st orange oil today - I would say it is definately a deterrant!!!

LOL

Jane

• Posted

Hiya's

I have to say deterrent too, It really does make me think twice before I put anything in my mouth.

but on the negative side, which I have to be careful with, when I do have a blip I do think, 'oh well at least the blueys are stopping 30% of the fat' ..

not a good way of thinking me thinks lol

as I've now lost the 10% of my body weight I needed to lose to get the all clear to take the blueys for a year, I'm hoping by the time the year is up, I will of mentally retrained myself into what I can and can not eat so its training too

Its all good :D

• Posted

yes i agree it a deterant. but when im feeling low,i still eat when i know i will have orange effect,so its also learning to curb the emotional side too.i only usually want toast and butter,dont always get the orange but if did it over few days id have a bout of it.majority of the time im ok.i dont usually eat no more than 30/32gs fat per day.good luck with it,it will fall into place soon enough.but i think the orange effects happen if you seriously eat way to much fat,thats how it does it for me. dont know about anyone else?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.