How's everybody doing this morning/afternoon/evening?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just wanted to check in on everybody on the depression/anxiety forums. See how everybody is doing? 

I've had a busy day but also a ok day where I didn't feel to much anxiety, managed to control my depression/anxiety thoughts and actually felt ok. Not fantastic...just ok xx

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hey there gillian.  New profile photo?  How kind of you to check up on how people are.  I have just had a walk on heathland near my home, by myself, as nobody to go with.  Weather beautiful and the wide open space did me good.  Home now and exhausted.  spent time with my son and daughter in law and two youngest grandchildren yesterday which was great.  I am not too bad at all.  Been doing the deep breathing.  Works sometimes.
    • Posted

Oh Anne that's marvellous. Sounds like you are in your way...your getting there..

The breathing does help sometimes,as do the relaxation audios. I think we all must have a million coping techniques and strategies. I was saying earlier that I don't just want to cope. I want to be well. I want my life back but I have to understand that this didn't happen to me overnight,it was a build up if things so it's not going to be perfect over night. Our minds are healing Anne. Restoring themselves to better than before with a bit of luck. I hope in time that the people I have got close to on this forum are all here with success stories to help others,to give a bit of hope.

xxx

• Posted

Well I know it is not going to go away just have to learn how to live with it.  This moprning awful!!
  • Posted

Hi Gillian......

Ok is good biggrin 

Fab profile photo btw x

• Posted

Hi Gillian and everyone else

That's great news, I love having good days, or being outside, especially when I take joey for a walk. feel really. Good actually, a lot of weight lifted since still all the family coming to terms with everything. But as far as I know he has been disowned by the whole family, which im glad cos I thought they would turn on me. 

Definitely see light end of the tunnel now and starting to get my life back now. 

Hope everyone is doing great though xx

• Posted

Laura that's just amazing news. I'm so glad that the light is shining for you. If anybody deserves it girl,it's you. 

I'm so happy that your family has stood united,by your side because I know that was one of your biggest fears that it would tear you all apart. You did good and I'm so proud of you xx

• Posted

Thank you Gill, yeah I went counselling today so I only hope when I get down will I always remember what happened and get myself into a mess again. But hopefully can move on. My aunts kicked him out, but thinking about taking it further as his still out there and a risk to any young girls, just my sisters job is on the line as their son our cousin goes to her school. That's her career if they get funny why she never told them?? Just a lot more things to think about. 

But I'm back to work and keeping busy really. Xx

• Posted

I've had an ok day today. Work was long and hard as always but there was a nice friendly feeling going around, and then I hung out - and got drunk with - some old work friends which was nice. Ended up with a paint party which was a lot of fun!

Also got another party tomorrow to go to as it's one of my old friends birthdays. Things are looking up lately, I just hope it stays that way.

How is everything with you? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.