How's everyone getting on?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I think I am about to plateau coz I've only lost 2 lbs in the last two weeks. I've still have loads to lose and at that rate I will be ninety before I get to where I want to be. I know I must up the exercise (I'm a real couch potato) so I have ordered Just Dance for the Wii.

Have a good weekend.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Petal,

Glad to know i'm not the only person out there that can't seem to het her head around exercise! Reading your post has just made me get Coleen Nolan's Disco Burn DVD out of the cupboard and it is now on the side in my sight........i'm just hoping it makes it into the dvd player!

You may have read my comments over the last week explaining that I had stopped losing weight on the tabs ive been off them now for a few days and followed the weight watchers diet and the scales are going in the right direction again, thank god!

I too have a lot to lose but my aim is between 1 - 2 lb per week as im sick of dieting and thwen it all going back on, i'm 38 and need to shift this weight once and for all!

Let me know how you get on with Just Dance.......it's a shame you can't upload video clips on here - we could at least had a laugh if we all uploaded over exercise clips......NOT!

Have fun & good luck huni xxxx

• Posted

Hi ladies

I am the same the last couple of months i have lost 2lbs and it is soul destroying.

I have started running, but suffer with inflammation of the hip joint so any kind of exercise i do is painful.

Let me know how you get on stopping the tablets for a bit. If it works i might try the same.

Tillydoll xx

• Posted

ooh let us know how the dance game is for the wii ... quite fancy that ... with the curtains shut!!

I've only been on the orlistat for a week - had no nasty effects to speak of, and eaten well, my hubby is surprised that the meals im serving up are well under the amount of fat i can have. Going to do a sort of roast later with a turkey fillet and plenty of veg and discovered asda extra special hassleback potatoes aren't too fatty at all and are yummy... might even have paxo which is surprisingly low too!

Speaking of the wii fit, i might pop on it this week even though i said i wouldn't weigh myself til i see nurse again ...would feel better about how i'm doing if i knew i'd lost some.

Plateauing is horrible, has happened to me previously on other diets and i hope it doesnt make you want to give up - maybe a bit more exercise will boost it, or changing some of the foods you eat...i think on diets your body gets used to the same 'safe' meals somehow.. ?

good luck!

• Posted

been on since January 1st and am 2 1/2 stone down. Hubby told me I looked slimmed today but when I said \"ahh but my legs are still fat\" he replied with \"they've always been fat\" I replied \"Oy I was a size 10 when I met you\" he came back with \"yeh as I said they've always been fat\"

Cheeky fecker :x :roll:

Not to bothered as aware my legs have always been big but I can now comfortably get into a size 12 jean. Need to lose another 1/2 stone and aiming for Christmas.

• Posted

Hooray :biggrin: I've lost 3 lbs this week. Really pleased. Gives me the incentive to carry on.
  • Posted

I have my first weigh in tomorrow - hoping to have lost 5-7lbs hopefully. I've been on the pills for almost 3 weeks, but am away in France next week so have to be weighed earlier than a month.

My clothes are definitely feeling looser and I am losing some of the weight around my face, thank goodness!

• Posted

size 12 jeans Suza! wow!

what size were you when you started this?

I am a 22-24 and would love to be a size 16 and be able to buy clothes from anywhere, not just Evans!

• Posted

I was a 16 in most but sometimes could of done with a 18. Mind you my waist has always been quite small and seemed always to be about a size smaller than my stomach and legs which are my main problem area's.
  • Posted

My friend has just been to the doctors and he wouldn't let her have the pills, because her BMI is 33 and he said it had to be 35. She is 17 1/2 stones and really miserable - my doctor said you had to have a BMI of over 30 to get them - are there different rules for different doctors?
  • Posted

The Dr is not following the guidelines;

----------------------------------------------

When orlistat is prescribed

Doctors are expected to follow guidelines when prescribing orlistat. These include:

* Your BMI (Body Mass Index - see below)

o must be 30 or above, or

o must be 28 or above, and you have a medical condition that would benefit from losing weight (such as diabetes or high blood pressure).

* You must lose at least 5% of your weight by three months from starting orlistat, and at least 10% of your weight by six months. If not, the orlistat should not be continued to be prescribed.

* You must be between the ages of 18 and 75 years.

If you continue to lose weight after six months, your doctor may advise that you continue to take orlistat. This may be for up to 1-2 years, or longer if you have a great deal of weight to lose.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Taken from the Patient UK Home tab on this site = top left.

May I suggest she prints it off and takes it with her and try and see a different Dr.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.