how should I disclose? please help.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, so I received HSV2 in 2015 from a man who didn’t tell me he had the STD because he wanted me to date him and basically didn’t want to scare me away. after 3 months of unprotected sex, I contracted the virus. 

2 successful sexual relationships later, i’ve come to terms with the condition for the most part. however, im currently in a sticky situation and I would love some help or advice on how to disclose to my new potential partner. 

Right now, i’m extremely interested in a boy, let’s call him John. we are getting increasingly closer (constant texts, facetimes, you name it) and it’s easy to hold back on sex right now because we live 3 hours drive away from each other. however, the closer we get, the more I know we want to have sex with each other and the more I need to tell him so we can move forward. however, the problem is that we already have had sex - last summer. Let me explain.. at the time, I was having consistent sex with a friend who I had already disclosed to. we always used condoms (no meds) and we never encountered any problems after having sex for over a year. So when I hung out with John last summer, he was staying at my house with me for the weekend. We got very drunk and although I denied the idea of sex that night a few times, I ended up wanting to give in because a) I was confident in having sex with someone since I was already doing so religiously b) I was horny and drunk and c) I had a condom. so he put it on and we began to have sex, but after a few minutes it fell off. I immediately noticed and we stopped. I did not disclose and no issues arose. We have been friends ever since but our relationship has now recently blossomed again and we are getting serious, and I don’t know how to tell him that not only do I have herpes, but I had it when we had sex last summer. I feel so terrible and it’s eating me up. any advice would be amazing 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

As long as john did nt get herpes from you so no problem. 

You dont have many options. 

It s only one option. You have to tell him. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.