how soon can i get surgery again

Posted , 7 users are following.

i had my cystocele repair 7.5 weeks ago but my rectocele was left , i do have a slight bulge from it and it really is getting me down , i am so angry that the surgeon thought it was ok to leave me like this , i cant cope knowing i have another prolapse ,the thought of this bulge ending up as big as the one ive just had repaired is having me in tears,i really want it repaired asap im so depressed, how soon after an anterior repair can i get a posterior repair done, x

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Helen.

I know the feeling I had an anterior repair 18 December, after surgery doc said I have a mild rectocele. Next day I asked my consultant about it and she confirm this and also said I might not even feel it. After few weeks the bulge was there but I knew it was different so I called and see her and she said that posterior wall prolapsed wrrrr she said dont worry we will fix it.

Now I have like 2 bulges, but Iam feeling better than before operation and emotionally better too.

Before the op I was a wreck, almost 2 years after delivered a baby I felt constant pain,heaviness etc.

Some days are better than the others but I started swimming,cycling and exercise at home plus pelvic floor exercises. I feel this bulge and I know it never be the same, no jumping, jogging (even to catch a buss πŸ˜ƒ) its horrible.

I have 4 and 2 years old children I will start collegge in August and new job in May so I cant have an op wright now, hopefully weather will change so my mood too (I live in Scotland its so windy and cold).

Take care and think positive dont let you down this stupid bulge 😊 Hugs and kisses πŸ’

• Posted

Thanks everyone , I just don't feel I can cope emotionally wth yet another bulge , and tbh if I knew I would end up like this I would've demanded both got fixed , every time I bend/walk I'm convinced I feel it , I knew it was there before surgery but presumed it was part of the cystocele as nobody told me different , even when I was pregnant n went to docs about it she didn't tell he it was a rectocele, going to phone hospital today and let them know I'm not happy one bit n hopefully I'll not have to go back on waiting list but I definitely want it gone xx
    • Posted

If you are still under the care of a consultant he should just arrange a date for you x
    • Posted

Hi Helen! I hope you don't mind if I ask you: your rectocele is like a bulge on the perineum? Or maybe the bulge protrudes through the vagina?
    • Posted

Hello helen. I meant to say this in my last post picking up from you saying you didn't feel you could cope emotionally with another bulge. I felt exactly the same with my rectocele and it's something that Urogynaecologists are being asked to consider when they see ladies in outpatients. Sometimes just the smallest lump as I call it can affect women particularly if they are still sexually active as most are. I know this issue is being discussed in training and at conferences. I have brought it up when training nurses and medical students so don't be put off and persist if you have to. After all it's your body xx
    • Posted

Thank you matron , I phoned hospital where I had my operation and was told no follow up appointment given so if I want to see consultant again I have to go back through doctor , I did explain its just 8 weeks tomorrow since anterior repair and I just don't understand why the posterior was left the way if was I was told its early days n give it time , I told her I'm not happy I have given it 8 weeks n as far as I'm aware it's getting worse it's like my cystocele was holding it up not that's not there it's coming down , she said all that was in my notes was I can have a vaginal hysterectomy if wanted but absolutely nothing about follow up for rectocele , Took 26 weeks last time from doc referral to see someone so god knows how long I'll wait this time x
    • Posted

It's a small bulge at the very back end of vagina , does seem to be a gap aswel x
    • Posted

You waited a long time before you saw your consultant, in fact longer than the NHS guidelines. I still can't understand why ladies aren't having post op checks with the consultant although it seems as though it is happening more and more x
    • Posted

I know there's such a long wait , the hospital I had all my pre op appointments were that back logged my last appointment was at 7.30 at night , they brought in extra consultants and worked evenings and weekends to clear it , hopefully I won't have that long to wait again xx
    • Posted

Hopefully not helen, it sounds like you were referred at an extremely busy time xx
    • Posted

Then it is mild, but I do understand your worry, hope you have not to wait long! Hugsss
    • Posted

How do you know the grades lol my cystocele cover whole opening thankfully this isn't like that yet x
  • Posted

Grade 4 is severe and visible protruding through the vagina usually with pain and difficulties voiding etc. Grades 1 - 3 go from mild with little problems to moderate. Unfortunately for me I was beyond stage 4 as the whole lot fell out through the vagina and I could not pee without catheters and in constant pain, it progressed very quickly over a period of 6 months as I am going through menopause and had previous major surgery. Now after my recent surgery I am completely hitched up nice and compact with a hammock!!!!!! Β Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.