How to come off mirt

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've tried coming off mirtazapine many times before but failed. I've gone 3weeks mirt free and boy it's hard. I'm having terrible anxiety the sickness feeling is horrendous. I don't want to eat anything, when I don't  eat I get what I can only say is trapped wind (indigestion) which then makes the anxiety twice as bad. I hated feeling like I was in a bubble every morning I woke. I look after my grandchildren so I need to have my wits about me. I have suffered since I was 22 I'm now 50. I've only been on mirtazapine for roughly 31/2 years on and off. It's nice to read everyone's comments to know I'm not alone. I've got a wonderful supportive family but it's great to hear from people going through the same thing. X 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue, 

I'm sorry you're going through this. I've only been on this garbage for three months  and stop taking it about two weeks ago. I wake up every morning with adrenaline rushes awful anxiety. Before I went off  I love it I was having a lot of pains in both legs especially the size and lower back and I thought it was the medication that I'm still having  The aching, do you have any openings through your muscles and stopping this for Deering talking it?  I was on a very low-dose for the three months only 3.75 mg, I know it's very low and it worked to help my anxiety so I guess it was all I needed and I would've never guessed that the small dose and shorter time could cause all this. I hope that you get through it this time I can get off of this horrible medication  

• Posted

I'm determined to get off it Sue. I was on amitryptyline for years so I know how hard it is trying to taper down or get off medication.

• Posted

Hi ninjawarrior, 

It is so hard, sometimes I think I should just stay on it but that's not what I want. I'm gonna try and ride the storm and hopefully these feelings will disappear. Hope you will be successful too. If I knew how hard it was gonna be I would never have taken it. X

• Posted

I'm on 15mg. My doctor doesn't think it will be that hard to come off it because it's a low dose and I've only been on it for 6 weeks. She's told me to take it for 10 nights straight then for the next 10 nights alternate take 1 miss 1. I'm determined to get off this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.