How to cope with serious withdrawal from 5htp?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey guys

i hope all is well.

i am 26 year old guy and have been taking 5htp to overcome awful side effects of blood thinners im taking.

i started last week with 100mg and saw instant improvement in mood and function, however on the fourth say began experiencing numbness and twitching.

after speaking with a GP for advice they said i should not take it the next day which i did and then reduced it to 50mg the next day. as such, i have been getting severe withdrawal and dont know what to do.

should i stick with the 50mg for a few days and is this just a temporary effect from the jump?

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.