How to deal with bad news

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, it's been a while since i've posted here. i still pretty much struggle with depression daily, even with medication its still pretty tough! Today I got some bad news about my current role. I've been with this company a while and recently moved roles thinking it would work out but now my job is at risk just after 6months in the new role. At the moment im pretty angry/annoyed as some people have benefited from this re-structure and others, including myself haven't. So how do I deal with this effectively? I.e the emotion? right now im pretty angry and just want to tell my bosses that its unfair that after just 6 months this is happening and effectively what they offering in the new structure is frankly a downgrade whilst managers have got an upgrade in their roles (unfair to say the least). There is no issue with my performance so hence why im perplexed and angry. How do you deal with bad news and anger or unfairness?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Be united! The boss class aren't bothered about you. Can i ask a question - it's one that people hate but are you in a union? You need to be to protect your job, not for everyone but protect yourself! Only you need worry about you this time

, As for your bosses they are just rude pigs. I wish you luck - with union help you might be able to fight for your job.

• Posted

unfortunately I am not...thinking about it now I wish I was. So there is nothing, in that respect, I can do so on my own to deal with.

• Posted

If you join a union now they will support you. I have always sdvocated that people are in a union if they work because you never know when you will need them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.