How to get out again? (tips?)

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi! So one of the issues that I've been having is going out in public places because I guess I just fear the feeling of feeling anxious and then boom I'm dizzy and overwhelmed BBB and feel like I can barely walk but just keep going anyways because I know I need to get out. My boyfriend wants to go Christmas shopping today with me ant advice on how to make this a successful experience and calm down the anxiety, perhaps techniques that have worked for you? xx Is it best to just get out there and do it?

0 likes, 23 replies

Report / Delete

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It is definitely best to just do it!!! But baby steps. Malls can be the worst for triggering anxiety. Maybe some smaller steps to start. If you HAVE to go to the mall, YouTube some panic talk down videos. Remember, no matter how horrible the feelings are THEY CANT HURT YOU. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I've went out to some restaurants and made it through, I also suprised myself and enjoyed myself at a party last week which was completely a shock the most shocking thing I did in the past four months I've been a nervous wreck but it was really nice smile But malls are tough for some reason.. When I went with my grandma I got very stressed and dizzy at points but didn't complain and made it through and once I got home I felt great knowing that I got out and was finally home LOL
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm much better now I'm on meds but I know how u feel. Like ur trapped in a bubble? Like ur in a glass box? Dream like ? Very scary. Keep talking to who ur with don't be quiet, if your alone headphones and music help a lot! Think about your breathing in and out so u stop in the moment. I'm now worse in my house then I am out rolleyes
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have both anxiety at home and when I'm out, it all really depends.. I take .25 of xanax a day to cope currently but this is not something I want to continue. And yes that's exactly how it feels.. I will take your advice smile May I ask what medication your on? I've taken paxil and celexa but stopped both and waiting to see what next option is..
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Do you guys just feel constantly scared?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Mostly the feeling of depersonalization which my sisters boyfriend who has anxiety described to me as watching yourself act a way in a situation and literally feeling like you have no control over it which of course is a horrible feeling and actually very scary too sad 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yep I hate been alone. I don't know where this come from I'm so normal and used to love my own space now I'm a loon lol. We all feel the same to least we arnt going crazy. I'm on fluoxetine for 5w5d and I'm still spaced out and still hate been alone but I'm not in a total state when I go into a shop or round to peoples houses. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hahahah I feel you completely I never had these issues until four months ago, I went my whole life able to just you know do whatever no worries then I don't even know what happened rolleyes I'm hoping that medication can help.. Because I don't know what else will.. I don't see this getting better if I don't.. I don't know..
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I had this twelve years ago, and got better in a few months and have been fine since. Until a month ago. We will get out of this again. Don't let it win!!!!!! Don't reinforce the anxiety!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I got it after my sons birth when I was 24 they said it was trauma from the birth leaving me with anxiety disorder, I took sertraline and was soon better. Now at 29 and pregnant again its come back so I think its anxiety over the birth or just homoanes. The bubble feeling is dreadful im not me at all and I want me back I want to feel normal 
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up