How to get same dosage using pill cutter

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been cutting pills for some time. Seems to me that its hard to have the same dosage daily. Anyone have any insight on this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hu

you can get liquid form of citalopram so u could go down 1mg at a time if you wanted to just ask your gp

• Posted

Hi dubry./what dosage are you on

• Posted

Hi Dubry

How are you feeling on your dose reduction? I am down to 7.5 from 10 for several days now and apart from occasional lightheadedness, feeling good so far.

• Posted

I sometimes use a pill cutter but the cut is not even, one side sometimes a bit larger than the other. A tip I took from Lois on here is to use a nail clipper. Be sure you get one with a wide enough opening to take the depth of the pull though.

• Posted

Pill not pull

• Posted

I tapered to 15 initially. Stayed there for 6 weeks. Been down to 12.5 for a week now. Have moments but overall, I'm good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.