How to know if remeron is for you or not?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I am 25,About a couple of months ago, I was on a burnout followed by panic attacks and one day my body just  stopped on me. I couldnt get out of bed, I started freaking myself out because I had no idea what was happening to me and then developed anxiety, stress, couldn't sleep or eat.I had lost so much wait, I was practically skin and bones.It's always easier to understand when you are having a physical problem as appose to a mental one! 

Anyways, I just recently went on remeron 15mg, my first antidepressant about 1 and a half months ago.I mainly started taking remeron because I couldnt eat nor sleep and also felt very anxious and sad because I had no idea what had happend to me and basically I felt as if my life had just stopped before my eyes. Couldn't work or do anything.

I have to admit that my sleep is better and I do eat more then I was before. My problem is that ever since I have been taking the remeron 15mg I have got headshocks, always feel tired, have this constant pressure on my head (headache like), mussel pains,chest throbbing, fast heart rates at times, no energy and zero emotion. I went to see my doctor and told her what I was feeling and she suggested I up the dose to 30mg..  I am skeptical about the 30mg because I feel as if I am trading in one problem for another.

All in all, I feel as if remeron has only helped me with sleep and eating. Also, it has helped me not cry but then again, I kind of prefer crying then having no emotion. I feel as if my main problem anxiety is still there and on top of it I gained so much more problems. I fear the 30mg beacause i fear having more complications. Can anyone give me advice on if I should come off of these meds or try the 30mg?

Thank you 

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vanessa,

I would stick with it for a while as it does make you feel quite numb to begin with. However this does get better with timme. I've been on it for three years and I would say that I have very normal emotions now, but for the first few months I was a little devoid of emotion and people noticed. But not now.

• Posted

Hi evergreen,

Did you also get head shocks and constant head pressure headaches?

thank you for your help. It is much appreciated.

• Posted

No, I didn't. In fact the mirtazapine has greatly reduced my migraines. I used to get at least one a week, sometimes more with aura and confusion etc. Now I get one every 3 months or so. I still get occasional normal headaches, but no more than average.
    • Posted

What is your dosage? i am having head pressure headaches at 15mg. Currently @ day 6.
    • Posted

Why did you come off it? What was it like for 4 years? Are you taking something that works better?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.