How to stop morning anxiety attacks

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, and thank you for reading this discussion.

I have a very big issue with the morning excessive anxiety attacks. The cause of worry is I recently bought a house and what happens is during the viewing I made a mistake and what end up happened is the house has foundation issues and that has been on my mind 24/7 for the past 2 weeks I was well over anxiety but this hit me real hard and now i am back to anxiety attacks now fixing the issues and selling the house etc will require time months I just cant simply stay like this I am lacking at work tend to be taking days off in a hope that tomorrow will be better but the first thing that comes to mind in the morning is the house and that causes attacks of anxiety tingly feeling like rushing blood all over body almost faint I need to know how to stop thinking about that just? Once I have that stopped I am sure within a week or 2 I will be back to normal any suggestions?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yeah morning anxiety is a killer. I wake up at about 4am and clock watch until it’s time to get up at 8am. In between the 4 hour stint I sweat like I’ve never sweat before and bed hop hugging my daughters. Both I am sure are starting to wonder what is working with Daddy. 
    • Posted

Wow you are dealing with that how long have you had this issue? Must be hard. Have you tried anything that worked or helped maybe just a little?
    • Posted

Yeah I’m on Zoloft 200mg and beta blockers. I’m hoping they kick in soon. Otherwise I’ve no idea what to do apart from drink alcohol. 
  • Posted

Yes, I've had morning anxiety to the point it makes me physically Ill. You need to rest your mind for it to fully go away, aren't really any shortcuts to recovery.

Al

• Posted

Thank you for letting me know that unfortunately right now I have a lot going on and I don't have time to take off I have to move houses take care of a full house renovation need to meet time limit and all this while working full-time Monday to Friday I only have like 10 days left to finish the reno full house and move in and the worst part the house I am moving in(made a mistake didn't see it has foundation issues) and moving in there is like scary but have no choice.  

• Posted

You are bound to feel like this until things get sorted out or a solution is found. I had a similar problem myself several years ago. It may not seem like good advice but... 1 .you know the problem. 2. You are doing something about it.3 Time management is vital. You are working so can only devote so much time, so many hours each week to sorting out the issues involved. You have to be easy on yourself. Be realistic about how long this project is going to take. Is it worthwhile just selling the 'problem' to a builder who can take the whole burden off you. Have u sought legal advice.? Foundation issues are usually declarable so if hidden from you at the time of you purchasing the property then you may be able to sue the vendor/surveyor  etc.  Its only a house and the problems can be resolved. Keep strong.

• Posted

Hi Haseeb. First of all you have to ask yourself "Is it life threatning" and the answer is no. You are making it into a big problem when actually it will all get sorted eventually. I am slowly but surely learning that no matter how much I worry it does not change the situation. All the energy that you are using is getting wasted. Use that energy to turn it into something positive. Nothing is as bad as it seems in most cases. You will be fine ok.

• Posted

Thank you very much I try to think of that situation all the time but unfortunately I cant control the anxiety attack first thing in the morning I have in my mind is regret and a wish to go back in time and dont make the decision of buying the house maybe that's the problem I am having regretting keep telling my self I made a great error.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.