How tonovercome difficult memories of being weak and taken for a ride?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hey guys

i hope all is well.

recently j have got a new job as a surveyor after graduating and enjoy it and am very involved.

however sometimes when i get told to do something in a more aggressive way i respond but then freeze and dont defend myself as much as i should.

this makese feel weak and incompetent and reminds me pf previous uni classsmates were always showing off they were better etc..

please help.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Adam it's really difficult when first starting a new job to not feel apprehensive but it will pass as you gain confidence and feel more secure in yourself.

Is it your boss telling you what t do, people in higher positions can come across at harsh but it's probably just their way so don't take it personally I'm sure it's not meant that way and as for responding aggressively I definitely wouldn't go that route it would not end favorably I'm sure.

Just take a deep breath and take notes if necessary

Remember one thing your uni friends didn't get the job you did and in todays climate that means you wouldn't have been the only applicant by far, they only pick the best

Congratulations

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.