Hpv and Lichen Planus

Posted , 8 users are following.

Anybody have hpv and lichen planus

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have HPV and lichen planus but I have a question -Why?  Are you doing some sort of research.  You seem to be asking lots of questions of everyone.  Not that I mind.  Any research into this problem is welcome.
    • Posted

Hi Chrisy

Yes my lichen planus was found by my dentist at the same time I had some abnormal cells removed from cervix, that was about 12 years ago I didn't have any problems with the lichens until about -

18 month ago when it started burning and ulcers can't eat certain things and now noticed my body hair is sparce because it's autoimmune but when I ask the doctor he won't say they are connected but I'm certain they are he put me on pills for anxiety so I don't think about it but I still constantly worry about this thing becoming cancerous, so that's why I'm asking the questions Chrisy and I know a few ladies with the same problem Xx

• Posted

From what I have ascertained Karen if we treat this condition and keep on top of things then we are less likely to get cancer.  Cancers can be caused by areas that are constantly sore which is why we are closely monitored.  If you notice any lesions, black areas or anything different appearing seek advice.  Remember worries release stress hormones that are bad for us in many different ways, you must try to relax (I know easier said than done).  My Nan had ls as well I think and she lived to a comfortable 84 and died from a heart condition nothing related to ls.  I think ignorance is bliss.  She used many different creams searching for anything that would help her 'skin condition' which she never went into.  Now I recall white patches on her arms 'vertiligo' which I also have and is also an auto immune condtion.  She was diabetic like me also, another auto immune condition.  I have decided that I am going to treat this condition like it is psoriasis or escema.  Plenty of cream and use of steroids.  Treated it is less likely to cause severe problems.
    • Posted

Aww thanks for that Chrisy

I thought the use of steroids and hydrocortisone reactivate hpv

Just with things Iv read, would be great if we could get a group together over a coffee but think we all live in different directions!!! Typical Xx

• Posted

Hi Karen,

When you say worried about it becoming cancerous do you mean the LP or the LS, or both? I find having a good doctor helps in lowering that anxiety.

• Posted

Hi dani

Both really, after having precancerous cells about 15 years ago I then discovered the LP which in done cases is caused by the hpv virus, my doctor has given me anti depressants and just takes my mind off it if I confront him about it he just moves off in another direction Xx

• Posted

Hi Chrisy

Just wondered how your doing hope you are keeping well, I am a bit up and down with one thing and another Xx

• Posted

Hi Karen,

Just got back from Gloucestershire late on Sunday.  Have been helping daughter move house.  I let my vigilance with the Ls slip as I didn't have my bag nearby all the time and have a little flare that I am dealing with.  I have to see my GP next week to see if the Clobetasol has helped with the urethra closing.  I don't think it has.  At present I am a little down about it all.  Sorry you are in the same boat.  Having a chat with someone might help. x

• Posted

Good to hear from you Chrisy sounds like you've been busy with your daughter, hope she's settled in well and likes her new place.

Sorry you havnt been to good it's just a nightmare, your doctors do seem understanding but mine don't seem to want to discuss it, I get checked from my dentist regular but my doctor, well just won't talk about it anything I go with he will say it's age things like this happen after the menopause, drives me mad.

Don't know about you Chrisy but my vulva hair is really sparse now that worries me but again doctor says it's age he goes on as if I'm about 70, would be nice for us ladies to meet up sometime Xx

• Posted

Hi Karen,  It is right that sparseness is a sign of age.  I am fortunate that I have previous knowledge of this from my career. (Won't go into that!!)  Some women do suffer female pattern baldness which can affect their hair, and all other areas.  My hair is thinning too.  Some medication can cause this too.  My hair has been thinning generally everywhere since I was fifty. 

Sorry. I am ok chatting about this on this site but I am not comfortable about meeting anyone.  I have two friends already who have this condition and talking with them in person can sometimes be hard.  It is somehow more emotional. 

• Posted

Thankyou Chrisy for chatting with me I really appreciate it I understand what your saying about meeting up and that's fine, hope we can still chat here it's just I havnt told my friends about this just wouldn't know where to start although some of them have hpv so I wonder if they have thus and just don't know. Sometimes it's hard to keep it to myself that's why I like to chat on here as my doctor us no use talking about it that's why he's given me antidepressants Iv been on them two years now. I just don't know where to go for advice sometimes but I do know that stress is a big thing. Thankyou again Chrisy for chatting hope we can be friends on here Xx
    • Posted

That is exactly what this site is for.  We all have difficulties talking about this horrible condition. I used to be on antidepressants too so I do sympathise.  They have their own stigma to them.  Anytime you need to chat there is usually someone on this site no matter what time of day or night.

Take care......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.