HPV or Vestibular Papillomatosis ?? Does Anyone know?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been depressed about this. I have already seen my gynecologist who can't say for sure as to what it is so we will be doing a biopsy but she does not know if it's possibly a normal part of my skin. She said it could be warts but is not completely sold on that idea. I have been using Apple Cider vinegar down there as I was told it helps with warts if that is what they are. For some reason it seems to have made the projections look more obvious. Does someone else have this or believe that this is warts ? If not, do you believe it is VP? or is it a normal part of my skin?

Again, I am seeing my gynecologist and may be referred to a dermatologist as well but wanted others thoughts. Please be aware that below are very graphic pictures!!! Do not click if you are of the fainted of heart. Thanks!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Also, I am on my period so I apologize for that in advance!

• Posted

I know I already am I just wanted an opinion on what this looks like? Since my doctor is puzzled.

• Posted

go for a second opinion. go with another doctor and tell us what it is.

• Posted

we're looking at the skin on the labia yes? im not a medical professional. but id say is VP which is normal. the blood is just sitting in all the grooves so it probably looks worse than it is. im sure the tests will give you answers. try not to worry

• Posted

I'm not a professional, but I think it can be VP. I had similar bumps appear on the inner side of my labia about a month ago, so I went to my gyno to ask her about it and she said it is normal to have changes in texture on that area.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.