HRT

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am Elleste Duo Conti hrt and was wondering why I still get sore and dry in my vulva area. Yes it could still be healing after anterior prolapse repair surgery eight weeks ago but today it feels so sore. I had to have some Oestrogen cream for a few weeks but can't understand why I have these issues when on hrt

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am having the dryness and itching, but still using the hormone cream prescribed. I would like to know why also.
  • Posted

Hello, I am on elleste solo 40 patches, I have been on them since 2005 and 3 years ago I started to get menopause symptoms(didnt know at the time) as i had itchy skin headaches, achy soles on my feet, not sleeping, dry sore and itchy below, and had lost loads of weight. I googled low estrogen symptoms and i had loads. I found a website "a survivors guide to surgical menopause". The lady who runs it replyed to me and said that when you are ill stressed etc your body uses estrogen for many things and sometimes our needs are not met, it may be that because you have had a big surgery you body needs more to heal etc . It might be worth having a look there are loads of interesting facts I learnt alot. I hope this helps and you feel better soon

Sarah x

• Posted

I was told that it helps to lubricate the vagina which tends to dry and atrophy at menopause especially if you've had gyne surgery too. It's applied directly where needed so not relying on the hormones passing through the system slowly. It can take several weeks or months even to heal properly inside. Try reading some of the other posts on this forum, lots of women have these problems so can help each other.

Best wishes, Pollyanna UK 

• Posted

Hello just wanted to say that I am on a high dose of hrt 100mcg patch and also suffer va. I use vagifem every third day also Ovestin cream applied very thinly (pea size) on the outer area.  This has helped enormously and made my life and sex life happier. I am 43. A small percentage of women do suffer even with hrt hence the other preparations. Hope that helps a bit (your bits ha ha)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.