Hrt

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm on evoral50 sequi patches been on them nearly a month and I been spotting for nearly 2weeks y is this happening also have very sore breasts feel very irritable and hot all the time thought these patches meant to make you feel better not worse anyone else suffer like this as it horrible when does everything get better I got 3 beautiful children to look after need to feel my self again

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Catherine,

Yes i used Evorel sequi 50 for 3 months and by the third month I was very irritable, my boobs were agony and i felt very emotional... it seemed worse when using the dual patches.

My doctor switched me to Femseven sequi as apparently the progesterone is usually the problem and the type of progesterone in Femseven is tolerated much better than the type in Evorel... and this was true for me as i there were no side effects using femseven but...

Femseven do not stick... after 6 months of trying to keep them on i finally started using Evorel oestrogen only patches and added in utrogestran tablets for the progrsterone element during the last two weeks. For me, this had awful results! As soon as i added in the utrogestran I felt sick, had debilitating tiredness and just felt so, so ill... so after much research i came across a solution using the Femseven again so....

currently I use Femseven sequi again with a small tegaderm dressing over the top which sticks perfectly!! That said, I don't feel brilliant results on these but no side effects... I'm honestly not sure if they're doing anything or not!!

The other thing is that, due to the sticking issues, the manufacturer have pulled the femseven off the market until they can resolve the issue which, when i queried it, may take until the end off this year!! i have 2 months worth of patches left and am now just starting to look into another alternative if i cant get hold of anymore when i re-order.

So! Just thought I'd share my info but obviously everyone is unique and what doesn't work for one possibly works great for another... I know many have found utrogestran to be amazing - I guess my body is a fussy one that doesn't tolerate progesterone well.

Sorry for the long winded reply but much info to tell!! 😃

Hope it helps and if you cone across anymore solutions I'd be glad to hear them!

Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

AJ. xx

• Posted

Ps... I was also told that it takes at least 3 months or so to feel the full benefits so maybe your symptoms will settle? Mine got worse each month on Evorel... the first month or so I wasn't too bad but it built up!

Like you say though, so hard when you have active children to look after and you feel so awful!! 😦

• Posted

Hang in there, it will get better takes about 3 months from what I understand when you are just starting out. I take hrt combo pill, made a world of difference for me. Only now since I weaned myself down to every other day over a 2 year period, I feel like hell. So back up I go to every day! Give your body time to adjust.

• Posted

Thank you both for replying ill give it a go for 3moths if it don't get any better go back see my dr thank you xx

• Posted

Hi Catherine,

i started on evarol patches and they just didnt suit me.

after numeRous visits to my GP I finally got her to change my HRT medication.

im now on ELLESTE DUET and these are much better, i have no side effects and i feel like im getting back to my normal self.

hope you feel better soon

DIANE X

• Posted

I have just come off these patches as had awful bleeding and extremely painful boobs... My night sweats stopped but these were better to put up with. I saw my doctor yesterday and she has prescribed another patch but the chemist cannot get hold of it because of Brexit?? So they are checking for another which I hope to get hold of later today. If I do not get on with this form of HRT, she has suggested the merina coil and hormone cream. So hopefully something will suit to get through these miserable symptoms.

• Posted

Hi Sabab172,

Could you let me know the outcome of what alternative regime they come up with..?

If you see my post above, I'm wondering if it's Femseven they can't get hold of and if so I am going to have the same issue next month when i run out. I can't tolerate Evorel either... and Mirena not an option.

Hope this is ok as I'd love some advice of what to do if Femseven id a no go.

I worry about taking tablets due to the clot risk...

Thank you.

AJ.

• Posted

hi.. wondering if you went with the coil and cream and how this is going if so. What cream was suggested? I am wanting to try something different to patches because really I dont feel they are working.

thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.