Hrt and fibroids

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone used hrt successfully while having uterine fibroids?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maisie, I had fibroids which my Dr said would go with my menopause, I have since had a hysteroscopy & removal of polyp under anaesthetic, I have been on HRT for 7 years now. I am so much better in myself since being on HRT, I am now post menopausal, those symptoms were awful hot sweats anxiety etc .. Hope this helps,

• Posted

Thanks Mars, it's good to have a positive response. 

2 gynaecologists, both female, have told me the Hrt is feeding the fibroids and they'll never shrink while I'm using it, they both said to stop the Hrt and just suffer the meno symptoms! 

I'm don't think I could bear that! 

I've been spotting every couple of weeks but think I'd rather put up with that. 

• Posted

No the symptoms are really awful, As long as you have regular checks then I would do what's best for you!  Gynaecologists sometimes differ in their opinions, I have seen two both of different opinions , one older lady one younger ? Its for you to decide.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.