HRT and scarey heart flutters/dizzy

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi had scarey turn today, am new to hrt tablets , combined 1 mg, been on them 9 days and got heart flutters last night felt light headed too, worse today when got up and later out for short walk, like fluttering heart  ane felt very woozy, scared me to death as this i would think means stop taking immediately.   Please any  sensible ideas thanks so much  debi

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debi, I am currently on estradiol pills 1 mg. I have been taking them since June of this year. I do not have the heart palpitations now. I did experience the heart fluttering when I first started taking them. It has been a month since I had them. I also take magnesium 250 mg tablets also, I found that adding magnesium to my diet helped with the heart palpatations. You should go back to your doctor and discuss it with him/her. Have your doctor test your hormones, too see what the levels are. Maybe the doctor will change the dosage, or give you something different. I know heart palpatations can be very scary, you think you are having a heart attack when you are not. I hope this information helps you. Good Luck.
  • Posted

Hi Debi, I also forgot to mention that when you are having the palpatations and dizziness try to do some deep breathing it helps.
  • Posted

Hi debi I know the feeling when get these symptoms it sure does scare the living day lights out of ya, I get use to few symptoms others like head issues its scary

just hoping that it will stop one day for all of us God bless xxx

• Posted

STOP taking it that is what happened to me yrs ago when I was younger they took me off of it right away not only did I have the fluttering I had pain in my heart chest felt sluggish unwell so please check it out I don't want anything to happen bad please

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.