HRT dosage?

Posted , 3 users are following.

After a hysterectomy &bso I ve just been prescribed evorel 25mg patches. How do I know if this dosage will be enough? I asked my gyno and she said it's just one dosage for everyone! But I know there are different sizes, my doctor wants to see me in 3 weeks to go through all the side effects so it sounds like he don't want me on them in the first place. I m 49 and definately want to have them for at least 3 years.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello. Your own doctor may decide to do a blood test to assess the hormone level in your blood stream but from what I can remember they usually start you on the lowest dose and if you start having menopausal symptoms increase the dose. It's a bit of trial and error really.
    • Posted

Thank you got the info, I fetl ok now 😄
  • Posted

Hi Gail. My dr said after 45 they start you with the lowest dose and see if this stops symptoms and will then increase until it does. Up til 45 they give you a higher dose as its premature menopause then. My dr said I can be on a reduced dose once I reach 50 til im 60 if that's what I choose. The guidelines are so wooly or all these drs would be advising the same.!
    • Posted

Oh thanks for info Froggy, that's made me at ease. Thank you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.