HRT help do I take them or not ?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi I need some helps for advice please I am going through the menopausei have not had a full night sleep in months getting very snappy with the lack of sleep I have anxity due to my mother having a stroke last year I am also her full time carer now also doing long hours I also gave up smoking a year old I feel like I have let myself go I don't bother dressing up anymore i am not sleeping due to waking up with hot flushes about 7 times a night I am not getting sweats just getting woke up feeling very hot I just don't feel like me a lot has happened in a year when I look back I never felt like this I was happy and now I'm not a happy person at all I have even to my doctors and spoke about HRT but due to the fact I don't take tablets for anything even a headache I am scared the doctor said he could give me a low dose HRT but I want to know if a low dose will help me ? And will it still have the same side affects ? Is Anyone on a low dose and how do you feel since taking them ?

I can't take the not sleeping anymore help please xxx

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The risk is minimal, and you won't be on it forever, as i recall no more than 3 years. Anymore, than that then your risk goes up.
    • Posted

No, you don't, lol. You'll be fine when you stop. 😃
    • Posted

I wish I could get on HRT. My gyno. Won't give it to me due to the cancer risk. After all these years going to her I'm thinking about switching just do I can get some relief.
    • Posted

No I did not have cancer. I thought I did, but no tests showed I did.
    • Posted

Then find yourself a new gynecologist if you want Hrt or birth control pills. You'll definitely feel better if you're looking for relief.
    • Posted

Hi didi,

If you haven't actually had cancer there shouldn't bea problem.

I had abnormal cells for a while a few years back and that was of no concern.

I also have an electrical problem with my heart and that hasn't stopped them giving me HRT.

They do worry about giving it to you because of the scare (this was using horse urine HRT which they already know is not well tolerated).

I was offered one of these to start with. Then I tried livial and that didn't agree with me. I did a lot more research and went and asked to be put on the one I use.

Plant based bio identical. Oestrogel and Utrogestan. When I told the doctor it was recommended by a certain doctor. She said oh yes that's much more natural.

I don't think she would have just offered it. I asked for it.

• Posted

There is no evidence that HRT causes cancer, all this was hype before. Try & find a well woman clinic or someone that knows about the menopauce & HRT. I feel great now I have started HRT, why suffer?

I tried everthing natural over the past 2 years & spent loads of money, good luck xx

• Posted

Hi folks,

l started on HRT 3 weeks ago. A low dose patch called Evorel Sequi which I got through my well women clinic.

Like most people I was shall I shant I go on HRT but after unessessary suffering speaking to you guys on here and the well women doctor I decided to give it a try.

The risk of cancer is 3 % after 10 years that's what I was told and the risk on the patch is even less.

Im extremely hopefull as I feel so much better being on HRT and I hope it will continue.

Better nights sleep, less anxious, not feeling depressed and more motivation are some of my improvements so far. I feeling more normal instead of feeling I've got to get through another day feeling rubbish.

hope this helps 😀

• Posted

Hi deb, i wonder if you could give me some advice please. I am peri menopausal, havent had a period for 4 mths and having the usual hot flushes and nite sweats though not to the extreme of having interrupted sleep.

My main problems are feeling down/depressed, crying fits - (dont even know what im crying for!) just feeling sad. Do you think HRT would help me with this possibly?

Would appreciate any advice or thoughts.

• Posted

Hi Angela,

All I can say is HRT has helped me.

I'd keep saying I was so low because of how I was feeling ....I'd been on antidepressants for 7 years due to loosing my husband to cancer, so I knew the difference from that low depression to feeling low because of the menopause.

I didn't know if I should take HRT or not......I questioned it for 7 mths or so until I felt desperate for help.

im only on my 4 th week but feel so much better more normal. I'm hopeful it'll get even better. At this moment in time I wished I'd taken it sooner.

please let me know your decision and how you get on.....but no pressure.

be kind to yourself and take care

• Posted

Hi deb,

I agree, I wish I'd tried HRT years ago.

• Posted

Hi Zigangie, thanks for your reply, im definitely going to give hrt a try and hopefully it will help?!! Glad its helped you a lot, xx
    • Posted

Hi deb

Thank you so much for your reply. I am on antidepressants myself, i said to my doctor on a couple of occassions last year that i couldnt say i felt really depressed but felt low and not myself, i really didnt comprehend what was going on with me!!!

Ive read a lot on the menopause now and have decided to give it a try, i really am hoping its going to make a difference for me?!, just need a free doctors appointment now!! (hard to get).

I hope you continue to improve as you go on, take care,

Angela

• Posted

Good luck in getting an appointment at the Gp's I agree it's soooo hard.

let me know how you get on.

Debs 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.