HRT patches

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have tried the tablets had two different kinds. Found that Premarin worked the best for me for a while I felt fantastic . Then symptoms started again went back to see doctor had bloods done and turned out my liver was disposing of the hormones so have been put on the patches. But I am having real problems with the bloody things. First one dose was to low and now this higher dose still not good as I can't get them to stay on body for any longer than twenty four hours. I really need help as am suffering ,have tried putting dressings over the top but still to no avail HELP x

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Caroline

I was on Evorel 50 patches which didn't really do anything. Then I upped them to Evorel 75 last week and they started to come off on the edges. 2 days ago I started the gel so I'll have to wait and see. I will keep you updated x

• Posted

Don't give up on HRT.  You may need to try different types. Premarin didn't suit me.  I take Estrofem and also Uterogestan 12 days of the month.  It means withdrawal bleeding for a few days but I can live with that, even at 66. I've taken Estrofem for many years now, initially 2 a day, then 1.5 and now 1.  Current gynaecologist would like me off them but I'm feeling great, look great and no problems.  I have regular checks with a breast surgeon - mammogram, ultrasound annually.  I have blood tests twice a year to check oestrogen levels.  Taking control and being proactive about your health is very important.  Wishing you the best of luck.

• Posted

Iwas on Fem 7 & couldn't get them to stick. changed to Evorel Sequi/50 four months ago. much better, difficult to get off lol, leave sticky mark!!

also flushes have almost disappeared.

• Posted

I am just so fed up put new patch on yesterday it off it came this morning ,so have had to put another one on this morning and that one is now on the move. I'm at my wits end ??

• Posted

was wary of wasting & changing patches at the wrong time. Either go back to your GP & tell him or use the tape that is for holding bandages & dressings in place as I did at first. Make sure you hold it on with your palm for about a minute when you first apply to clean, dry skin. Hope that's of some help. Good luck.

• Posted

hi.  have you tried cutting up the patch?  I have these and have not started yet but have know I will have problems with the patch sticking so have thought about cutting the patch in four pieces and remove and replace at same time each day?  People use the gel everyday, 1 pump, so I thought this might be easier to use a small piece each day rather than 1 patch for four full days?  If you do it, let me know how it goes.
    • Posted

Hi I got so upset this last week with feeling rubbish and not sleeping I went back to the doctors as my patches just did not stay even for 12 hours. So he has now put me on the gel but still having flushes and night sweats at the mo hoping will pass soon. Hope you have better luck with the patches , let me know how it goes xx
    • Posted

oh i hope the gel works for you caroline.  It is so frustrating and upsetting, such an awful time for us.  Other ladies have had great results with the gel and I am thinking about it myself now.  I'm sure you'll start to feel better soon, and do let me know how it goes for you and how long it took aswell.  xx

• Posted

Hi there

I changed to the gel 5 days ago. I was using Evorel patches. I find the gel a lot better xx

• Posted

thanks Michelle.  How are you overall?  Are you getting improvements now on hrt?
    • Posted

Hi there

I actually think since starting the gel there is an improvement. Possibly the patches weren't being absorbed i don't know. I've found a lot of ladies like the gel. Are you starting Hrt? It actually frightens me looking back on how I've felt. Sending hugs xx

• Posted

Hi michelle

I am actually being pulled in all directions at the moment.  I have now seen 3 separate doctors as one says yes, and has given me the patches, one says no way, as I have been a migraine sufferer and now I am seeing a new doctor who wants to run all tests all over again, you know the usual, bloods, heart test (because of peri-menopausal palpitations), so you can understand, I am back to square 1 on this, anxious to start it to relieve symptoms and anxious about whether to start it.  I definitely want the gel and the progesterone tablets, so waiting for all to be completed so I can begin.  So that's where I'm at. xx

• Posted

Thanks, might try that. I just need to find a way of removing 'glue' marks without making my skin sore! work full time so the less messing with the patches the better.

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear these not working for you. I am on Evorel Sequi/50.

these stay on VERY well and seem to be doing the job, hardly any flushes, now on fourth month.

• Posted

Had anyone taken Memvey? If so how long before the hormones were balanced and symptoms went away. I got better 3 weeks on lowest dose but felt symptoms coming back. They went up with the strength only 3 days ago but feel continuous heat in upper extremities? Anyone had this? I have not tried patches.

Tks,

Karen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.