Hrt patches and palpitations

Posted , 7 users are following.

Can anyone please help. I've been on the patches nearly 4 weeks although I'm feeling a little bit better the palpitations are awfull. I've been to the doctors today and she sent me for yet another ecg it was all over the place. She won't give me more patches till she's looked at it. I'm so worried there so bad now I feel like taking the patch off i don't know what to do I'm so upset.. Can anyone give me advice please x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kim,

I can't offer any solutions but can empathize. Two years ago, I tried a patch (minivelle dot) and could only tolerate it for 8 days. It gave me a daily headache, unbelievably sore nipples (had to put bandaids on them), and terrible bloat. Mine was the lowest dose estadiol patch available (the one they actually give for osteoporosis and not actually hrt). My ob/gyn couldn't believe how sensitive my body was to estadiol.

I have begun researching other options as I am still suffering from awful menopause symptoms. I have come upon Biest. After researching, I discovered that the form of estrogen known as estriol (vs. estradiol) is a weaker and gentler form of estrogen. Biest has both - combined in a gel or cream and your doctor can adjust the combination between the two via prescription to help you fine tune if necessary.

I will have to take it in combination with oral progesterone as I still have a uterus but I do think I am going to try it.

I plan on using the Biest alone for 4-5 days and then introducing the oral progesterone just to make sure that if I do get a side effect I won't be confused as to which one is causing it.

I would speak with you doctor about this option. Maybe your body is also very sensitive to estradiol.

Good luck and keep us posted! We learn so much from each other.

• Posted

Kim with your palpitations do you feel anxious with you get them and have you tried to eat when it happens sometimes with a sudden drop in hormones it can be the beginning of a sugar drop and you need to eat protein with juice or some carbs

• Edited

has anyone tried the disolvable magnesium tablets do they help with palpitations

thanks

eloise xx

• Posted

Eat a banana if you like them. They contain a reasonable amount of potassium and I find they can help settle my palpitations.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.