HRT: Patches or Tablets?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone!

I was prescribed Tibolone Tablets a while ago but never took them due to basically being terrified!  I have returned to my GP as the symptoms are getting ridiculous so she is finally doing a TSH among other blood tests.  I am hoping that will show exactly what my hormone levels are, so she can choose the correct HRT.  If I still have to take Tibolone I hope it is available in patches.  If not, do any of you lovely ladies have experience of any other HRT patches?  ( She did initially prescribe me Fem 7 and only because I research everything, I found out they are not suitable for ladies who havent had a hysterectomy, i.e. me!)  Thank you for reading this x 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I don't think it is available in patches but I maybe wrong. Tibilone tablets didn't suit me but some swear by them which shows we all need different things. I don't like tablets so asked for gel which you rub in once a day. Suitable for non hysterectomised women if taken with progesterone too at some point during month. Fingers crossed but suits me so far. Good luck with finding yours.
    • Posted

Hiya

thank you so much for replying froggy 28.  Like you say we all need different things.  I will see if I can find out about the gel.x x 

• Posted

Hi Daisy, like froggy HRT didn't work for me either, my doctor put me on a low dose birth control pill that worked like a miracle to balance out my hormones, But now that I know that there are alternatives, I would rather take Maca which is used to balance out hormones. I took St. John's wort for anxiety. Like you I freak out when it comes to synthetic chemicals in my body. Which is why I only did 1 year of bc pills.
    • Posted

Hi patrathegreat  thank you for your comment. that's interesting.. birth control pill.  not heard of that being used before!  Will look at what maca is. x x
    • Posted

If you visit your ob/gyn doc, it is common practice to rx low dose birth control pills when HRT doesn't work. I worked in the field, thus, the percentage of women taking bc pills is low over those who take HRT. But since every body is different, there are alternatives when one method of controlling the hormones doesn't work. Maca seems to work. Have a wonderful weekend.  xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.