HRT probs...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there, 

I've used Evorel Sequi for 5 months but the side effects are just too much (bloating, nuclear level PMT and breast pain) mainly towards the end of the month when using the dual patches so I have now been switched to Femseven Sequi.  My healthcare professional felt it was the progesterone that was the problem hence the change of patch... 

Has anyone had similar issues and found relief using another brand or is it just that the patches are too strong as I just don't feel good at all and just want to throw a tantrum most of the time as I'm so short tempered, tired and anxious.. 

not good. 

Thanks in advance...

AJ. x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi AJ

I've been on Ellesett HRT for two months and am throwing in the towel 

The bloating is unbelievable I'm a size 14 but seem to go up to a 16 when I get to the progesterone tablets and it makes me miserable 😭 I loose my waist and my legs and arms swell as well 

Don't know what to do but know I can't put up with this anymore 

Lx

• Posted

Hi ladies 

I was moody on elleste and conti try a oestrogen patch and utrogestan it’s nearest to your own progesterone have to give it time as I  do get spotting but it is a conti so depends how long you been peri menopause . Some progesterone do this and finding one that suits you ..we all so different good luck 

• Posted

Thankyou Joanne am going to go back to GP but coming  off ellsette as want to wear my clothes and feel comfortable as not eating much as bloating so bad x
  • Posted

Yes didn’t agree with me good luck trial error dobtry another one x

• Posted

Hi all, 

Thanks so much for your comments, I'm sorry you're having problems too. I've just had another mini break down as I just feel so bad and just checked my BP and that's up too when usually really low, I've put weight on too and have no energy to do anything about it. I feel a total mess! Sorry to moan! 

Think I will ring the docs tomorrow as I just can't stop getting upset... usually I'm so happy. 

Hope you all find relief soon. 

AJ. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.