HSV-1

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello, up until recently i thought i was totally cleaned until i just got checked for all stds and came up to have antibodies for hsv-1 which would mean i am positive and have it? Ive never have been tested for this, just the mains ones at planned parent hood (hiv,syph, chlamydia). So this is the first time ever and i have no complete idea how i got it or if it was the last person who gave me oral sex without a condom, which was 6 months ago. I dont think ive ever experience and cold sores on my lips or a wart or blister on my penis area, i feel like i would most certainly feel it or have seen it since it might cause some discomfort? Now, i am pretty scared as hell and have no idea what to do with myself. Now that i know its gonna make me think of it alot, and might actually cause symptoms to appear and im pretty scared. Does this mean i should be extremely careful to not spread anything while i have no symptoms all the time anywhere? anyone advice would be helpful.

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

I feel like i should tell my current partner that i have hsv-1.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hsv 1 is very common. the blood test only tells you have it either on your lips or genitals. so you willnot know for sure where you have it until you get a swab to show the symptom was caused by hsv-1. i got this type from oral sex from my first husband. its been ten years never had an outbreak again. tell your partner you tested positive and do not engage in kissing or oral sex if you have a sore on your mouth. i hope this helps. 90% of people have type 1 😃 most people dont test for herpes unless a symptom is presented.. so yeah you couldve had this since you were really young, and caught it by kissing. you eont know for sure eithout the symtpms

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hsv 1 is very common. the blood test only tells you have it either on your lips or genitals. so you willnot know for sure where you have it until you get a swab to show the symptom was caused by hsv-1. i got this type from oral sex from my first husband. its been ten years never had an outbreak again. tell your partner you tested positive and do not engage in kissing or oral sex if you have a sore on your mouth. i hope this helps. 90% of people have type 1 😃 most people dont test for herpes unless a symptom is presented.. so yeah you couldve had this since you were really young, and caught it by kissing. you eont know for sure eithout the symtpms

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up