HSV 1 results! help me paranoid

Posted , 2 users are following.

My results were for igg <0.5 for hsv2 and 40.3 for hsv1. So i dont have hsv2 but do have hsv1. BUT the igg levels seem sooooo high 40! what does this mean is it normal? does it mean im more prone to getting recurrent infection or does it mean im shedding currnetly ? please help im super paranoid

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry, it just means it's an old infection, so you must have picked it up along time ago. Many of us get HSV1 as children from relatives kissing us! No big deal atall 😃 do you get cold sores on your mouth?

• Posted

as time goes on the more antibodies you develop to protect you from the infection, hence the high number. Also means you have a good immune system. The number doesn't have any reflection how often you get breakouts. Someone could have a high number and never get a breakout, yet someone could be below 10 and get many. I have seen many people with higher than 40!

• Posted

i had a cold sore really small first time after i had sex with a girl around 6 months ago, but like we didn't really kiss which is really weird i got HSV1 not through kissing but on my lip. hence i was really worired if i had got it genitalia but idk.

• Posted

since then i have not had a cold sore on my lip, ive had mild itch that last 1 hour few times but i think that in grown hair cause i shave but ye

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.