Huge panic attack sent to ER, why are the symptoms and mini panic attacks lasting weeks later

Posted , 3 users are following.

Panic attack symptoms lasting weeks, is this normal?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes. You need to get the whole disorder under control. Your body is frazzled and maybe some meds might be heloful for a short term.
  • Posted

Yes believe me they can, I can't rid of me severe chest and back pain for a month already, even when I'm mentally in control of the situation. I was prescribed oxazepram but I took only 25 tablets in total, was scared of addiction. Now I'm taking good mirtazapine and they seem to work (after ssri 's sent me to hell and back. Meds can really help but you need to learn to fight back anxiety yourself, only then you can defeat it for good. Stay strong!

• Posted

Thank you for the input, Do you feel like your back to normal since you last panic attack? When was your last one? And I hear different meds work differently for others. I'd hate to get in a worse state while I try to find something that finally works for me. Like you said managing it all natural is probably the way I'd want to try it for a couple months... Much longer then that and I'd get tired of living with this stuff And want meds.

• Posted

My first attack was in March this year and after that all hell broke lose. Been to ERs 4 times since then as when the panic comes you lose every common sense. I had my last one 2 days ago but because I was on meds it was really, I became breathless hat cold flashes, shaking and chest and back pain, it lasted about 30 mins.

I really hope you can overcome this whiteout drugs and it's not the solutions. Try some natural means like Valeriana root, mint tea. For some reason mint candy helps me somewhat. Try downloading meditation apps in your phon, force yourself go out with friends and talk with people, it makes me forget about anxiety.

And yes all people are different and I can't even describe you what Zoloft did to me and my sanity. I was so scared that even now if you show me the package of the med I'll get an instant panic attack. Hope you'll get through, and remember if you had a bad anxiety day, doesn't me tomorrow gonna be the same.

• Posted

Yeshomey I'm so sorry you have to.go through this anxiety sucks, and can be a scary thing to deal with , along with these scary sensations and symptoms making you think something is seriously wrong with you , some of my anxiety symptoms has lasted months and some come and go

• Posted

O wow, how long since your last panic attack? How long has it been since your symptoms left. I'm looking forward to the day where I'm back to normal and I can say I haven't had any attacks or symptoms for months! I can't wait until that day comes. This isn't me , this just happened 3 weeks ago, I can't wait for it to leave.

• Posted

Well up until today I haven't had a panic attack in months, today I had a mild one while at work , it was my first day back to work since one of my best friends passed away last Monday so my anxiety has been high anyways lately because of that ,,and as for my symptoms , they always come and go all the time ,but now its manageable.

• Posted

That's great you can manage them, I want to be like you when I grow up lol I want to be able to manage them well. One thing I learned about myself today is that I keep this anxiety/panic with me because everything I do I'm reminded of the last time I was doing this I was thinking about my anxiety or I did have anxiety so since I'm doing this certain activity again i must surely get anxiety again...but today I realized that's all in my head,basically what I'm saying is just because last time I did the dishes and got anxiety or was obsessing over my anxiety doesn't mean I'll get anxiety again over doing the dishes, so from today forward I'm trying to remind myself of that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.