Humira & Ear infection

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. 

I’m currently on Humira along with pred for Crohn’s disease. The last few weeks I’ve been suffering with sinus pain which I’ve put down to the Humira as states sinus pain is a side effect of the drug. But now I have major ear ache & GP has said he thinks I have an ear infection sonhas prescribed me antibiotics & a spray for the ear. I’m due to inject my Humira tomorrow but he’s said to hold off til we get the infection under control. Does this mean my crohns is likely to flare again as I’m gonna be late on my dose? I’ve only been on Humira a couple of months but also been on high dose of steroids at the same time (which has caused Cushing’s syndrome) so not sure if the Humira is working & won’t know til I get off the pred. 

Has anyone else had problems with infections on Humira & had to delay injecting? 

Thanks in advance 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear this Hollaka. You just answered some of my questions, has anyone have any negative side effects to Humira? I'm getting ready to start and not sure if the benefits will rule over side effects.

Don't know what to expect, kinda leary.

I'll pray healing over you.

• Posted

As I’m sat here with ear on hot water bottle & antibiotics not working I’m getting more annoyed as still can’t inject my dose which was due yesterday. My endiocrinologist is reducing my pred so need to get this Humira dose into me. So far prior to this the only issues I’ve had is sinus pain for a few days after injecting but it does make u susceptible to everything which is a bit of a pain but I’ll take an ear infection over crohns any day xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.