Hurt?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone, my worst fear with having anxiety is having a heart attack! Do you's think anxiety could cause a heart attack over time or is it just all in my head. There must thousands or even millions of people thinking the same thing right now. Would just like everyone's opinion on this matter. Thanks x 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sean

I was the same as you well I still am but not as bad 

I had a full medical everything came back clear so I just keep telling myself its in my head Im ok

I have also started CBT because I think you have to learn how to cope with anxiety

Stay strongcool

• Posted

Hi I am the same a heart attack is what I fear most days I have had ecgs and blood tests and say all okay so I try to believe the doctors. Have you had a check up from doctor and also what symptoms do you get x
  • Posted

Hi Sean I've been living with this for 20 years..it's very scary and we get all sorts of physical symptoms. I've lost count how many times I've been to the hospital. I get lots of chest pain so once again had heart tests stress test eco gram ect and with anxiety comes depression. It sucks.we really do have to try to train our brains to think differently as living with anxiety we think very negative and we convince ourselves we have every illness on the planet.i read a lot about anxiety.Regards christina
  • Posted

Hi Sean I feel like that alot but have had ecg's etc... and all is fine. I have spoken with my GP and he says it is my anxiety causing those symptoms. You are not alone. I have been getting therapy and that has helped some, maybe you could ask about it, it might really help you. We do need to train our brains into a more positive way of thinking to be able to live a better life, I know it's possible, hard but possible. Best of luck stay strong.cheesygrin
  • Posted

Hi All,

Thanks very much for the reply's, I have had all the tests and read all the books. I know anxiety more than anything just it is so hard to get into my head that anxiety can't hurt you. I have been dealing with these problems for over 10 years now. Health anxiety is terrible. X

• Posted

Yes Sean health anxiety sux.im the same as you..20 years of this and I still get new symptoms that scare the hell out of me.i feel your pain.
  • Posted

Its not that theres so ething wrong with your heart its from an adrenaline rush. Your heart is the effect of the adrenaline, not the cause. The heart is one really string organ and many people oddly love the rushes, not any of us but thrill seekers so i think you will fine in that area. Of course always have your exams and eat right. Im going on almost three decades of dealing woth these rushes my heart is healthy. Maybe it stregnthens it who knows. We would all be excellent people in a real danger situations because we get all these rushes normally on a funny note. Everyone else would be panicking for the first time and we would be oh yea im good its anxiety.(put a bit of humor in there, i heard someone explaining that on the radio last month and thought it was funny)
  • Posted

Ye I felt the same way when I was experiencing the anxiety with the heart palpitations and pain and shortness of breath and numbness , I went to the er a total of 7 times thinking I was having an heart attack, but the nurses doctors etc assured me that my heart is healthy and anxiety can not give me a heart attack, its all MENTAL !
  • Posted

Thanks very much for all your comments, means alot! Much appreciated, lately my health anxiety has been though the roof, thinking I have a bad heart all the time. Had my blood pressure took the other day and they said it was 145/82 which I thought was high. But I am no doctor so don't no if that was high or not. sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.