Husband needs answers

Posted , 5 users are following.

My husband is 51yrs old and for as long as he can remember, he develops a bad case of panic disorder in the month prior to his birthday and it disapates a couple weeks afterwards.  He gets very aggitated, feels the need to run, has delusional thoughts that he can not explain. overall, feels like he is "going crazy".  The only thing i can attribute to the cause is that his mother had lost a child prior to him at near full term, She was a very anxious woman and so when he was coming to due date, she was in near histeria.  Can the anxiety of a mother channel to the unborn child? How can we stop this cycle?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi katcha67 i have often wondered this as im suffer with anxiety and i know my mum would of been anxious near my birth, looking forward to replys! great post 
  • Posted

Maybe if he was told this story from a early age that his mum was near hysteria up to her due date that it somehow stored in his subconscious and that's why it effects him around this time. 

I think once we react a certain way once about a situation or event..that our minds automatically feel anxiety each time we are faced with that situation unless we get the correct treatment.

so maybe he was told of his mums anxiety and he felt anxiety at the thought of his mums anxiety and as a result it has affected him ever since.

Idk but I'm rather intrigued.

• Posted

I was going to say the same thing Gillian but you beat me to it, and put it so well!
    • Posted

Hey we are good us kid :D 

Great minds xx

I was thinking like maybe " false memory syndrome".

A thought that was maybe created when he first got told of his mums anguish close to his birth xx

• Posted

he definitely could do with some cbt counselling on this issue

of running

• Posted

sounds as if he is "anticipating" woe + dread-i do that.Anytime friends come  i anticipate something awful happening ie what happens if i get ill when they are here + anxiety goes thro roof + i end up ill-i am sure i have had this for years,I had to cancel 3 hols in past 3 yrs because of it -anticipating the worst ,Finally went to docs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.