Hydroxyzine for anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies! Saw my gp today. He perscribed this. From what I've read it's an antihistamine. I begged for Ativan again, but these doctors in the states don't want to give us benzos any longer. I haven't picked the rx up yet. Just wanted to hear any experience you can share. Thank you!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nancy

It’s almost in the same family as Benadryl the only difference that Benadryl is over the counter , 

• Posted

This might make you sleep some at night,but it can cause anxiety.I took Benadryl and sometimes it makes me sleep,but sometimes it causes my heart to race.I am sorry you  are having such a hard time.I am too and it really sucks.My emotions are all over the place.The anxiety is the worst.I ordered some holy basil tea,magnesium glycinate and valerian root for sleep.I haven't gotten them yet,but I will let you know if they help.

hugs

Beth

• Posted

Thank you for the replies ladies! PLEASE do keep us updated. Hugs!
  • Posted

Hi there, Nancy!

Been suffering from anxiety for almost 2 years now. The latest I've been trying is a high CDB peppermint tincture. Check it out at lordjones. It might provide you with some relief.

Hang in there. Message me anytime.

Best,

Emily

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.