Hyper, anyone?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi my flu family friends

Has anyone suffered from hyperactivity whilst on flu?

I've just had a whole day of it and its exhausting.

It's similar to panic attacks (which i had a long time ago) but without the vomitting or diarrhoea.

Symptoms are fast breathing and fast talking and generally acting like a Tigger. It's not particularly pleasant as one is not in control at all.

I had an episode a couple of weeks ago but it disappeared after i took the flu.

The only time i suffered with this before is shortly after my mum died a couple of years ago.

Another side effect maybe?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

yes been on it 3 months and just last two weeks have been very hyper ( just like a tigger ) but have to confess i am quite enjoying it !
  • Posted

When I was first put on it my doc described me (after the 1st month) as being practically manic!

But it has calmed down and I am back to my normal Eeyore self!

• Posted

hiya peeps :cheerup:

hmmmmmmmm, hyper eh, what is VERY important is for you to tell your docs about this, it may be a sign of other things, don't worry tho, there's nothing to worry about :wink: it's just you may need different meds ok :huh: :ok:

see my post \"correct diagnosis ??, unipolar or bipolar, are you sure ??\" for more info :ok: dont forget i said \" it MAY be a sign of other things \" :wink: :mrgreen:

P.S. yeh i like it too gonna get betta lol :roll: :whistle:

cheers,

Ken~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :cheers: :rainbow: :mrgreen:

• Posted

Hi Psycho,

thanks for the concern. But doc knows (in fact detected) I was a bit manic. She isn't worried. Believes it is just a reaction to feeling better for the 1st time in years.

A lot more stable and level now.

Lelly. xx

• Posted

hiya peeps :mrgreen:

i dont know so much about Tigger and Eeyore folks, i think i'm more of ya ' Marvin the Paranoid Android' outa hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy at times lol :shock: :huh:

some how i just can't picture you as a 6' 2\" donkey Lelly lol :shock: :whistle:

cheers,

Ken ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :rainbow: :cheers:

• Posted

Well I guess that is better than calling me an ass!!!!!

Brain the size of a planet eh? Go park cars!

• Posted

hiya Lelly :mrgreen:

hmmmmmmmph, what's wrong with parking cars ?? :huh: oh yes i remember :?

\"The first ten-million years were the worst. And the second ten-million - they were the worst too… The third ten-million, I didn’t enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline.\" :shock: :wink:

\"MARVIN:

Didn’t I tell you? I’ve got a brain the size of the planet. No one ever listens to me of course.

ZAPHOD:

Shut up Marvin.

MARVIN:

See what I mean?\"

now thats what ya call paranoia/depression lol :whistle: :nahnah:

i digress :shock: :wink:

Ken ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :cheers: :rainbow: :sorry:

• Posted

Even the doors sound sickeningly cheerful \"glad to be of service\" ha!
  • Posted

Hi Gonna get betta, Psychochief and Lelly

Thank you all for your responses.

Gonna get betta - your site name is certainly positive. Hows it going?

Psychochief - i wasn't sure if you meant me or Lelly when you said 'mention it to your doctor'?

This is the first full day as a Tigger in just over 21 weeks of taking flu so i think unless it repeats itself a lot, the current meds should be ok for now.

I did look at your very informative post uni or bi polar. My symptoms are definitely uni polar.

Lelly and Psychochief - i'll leave you to get on with your good humoured slanging match.

Best wishes to one and all. :wink:

• Posted

hiya Meganpooch :mrgreen:

i was just refering to anybody in general, it's allways worth checking about the bi-polar lark :huh: :ok:

sorry about the side attraction, got carried away a bit (not by the peeps in the white coats this time :cheers: :whistle: ) lol, with a bit of luck i'm going in to a manic phase lol :rainbow: :ok:

be good peeps,

Ken ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :mrgreen: :cheers:

• Posted

Hi Ken

No apologies needed. I was rather enjoying the banter. Unfortunately i cannot join in during the day as i'm at work. I can read but not reply as i don't have external mail. Can be very frustrating.

This website is a bit like a drug in itself.

I'm back to Piglet mode today, Eeyore is a bit too sombre.

Thanks again. Your posts always bring a smile to my chops.

• Posted

I agree, this site is addictive.

But I mainly access it on my blackberry at work hence some of the typos.

Sorry for getting off topic - I do tend to go off at a tangent now and again.

bets of luck to everyone,

lelly xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.