Hyperthyroid...

Posted , 3 users are following.

So, having gone for my most recent check-up at the endocrine clinic, the doctor (hadn't seen him before) went though my notes and mentioned I'd been diagnosed hyper back in 2012....

Except no one told me back then!! I was properly diagnosed last year and I was very very sick. I am devastated by this most recent news. I just keep thinking about the damage that not being told about my condition may have done sad

I have made a formal complaint and they are investigating, but I just feel really worried about what damage may have been done.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Appleberry...you are where you are ......

and you're right to initiate an investigation but you will never really know what may have happened if you'd been treated properly in 2012 ... all the anxiety you're now experiencing with the investigation will not aid your situation right now, as the last thing you need now  is worry , it's destructive to hyperthyroidis and will only drain you of any energythat you have at the moment . Do you have your results from last blood tests .do you know if you have Graves' disease ( Antibodies )....  they are obliged to give you your results ... they may make a small charge but they are yours .  get your results and post them on here including figures in brackets which are the Lab ranges for your tests.  People on here who are pretty good at reading them will tell you what you need to know to get started on a regime of getting well again , including the things you need to ask and Tell your Doctor .

Keep us posted and lets get started .

luv mx🌹

• Posted

Hi Madge just wanted to ask that u r euthyroid now but u haven't been discharged from the endo bcs my endo had discharged me last year in December and I'm still symptomatic how s this work just need some information bcs GP don't know anything abt thyroid pls if u can help thanks ....samy

• Posted

Hi Samy  ... I AM  Euthyroid...  and i was discharged by Endo...  but felt i was still a bit Hyoer ...  but i now know that it can take some time for everything to calm down and become normal...However if you feel you are going Hyper again... and increasingly so, then its time for you to go back to your GP   or maybe you could contact the Endos secretary again and make another , further appointment.   as it may mean that you need more meds to get you down again , hopefully not .

do you take supplements Samy    have you taken Bugleweed , Motherwort and Lemon Balm , which are very good at calming you down from High ..

or maybe even .... Regular L Carnitine ... which works very like Carbimazole ... Linda is great at advising on L Carnitine's benefits.

hopefully , we'll see her along soon.... 😻

luv mx🌹 

• Posted

Thanks a lot Madge for ur reply I'm taking most of supplement and I have ordered l carntine which I will start taking soon when it arrives I took lemon balm tea did nt really work for me the bid problem is the pain in my thyroid area where I have goiter and now I'm getting pain on the other side of thyroid too which makes me scared once l cafntine arrives I will start taking it and will let u know ...other supplements I'm taking folic acid vitamin d b complex which has b6 b1 and b12 plus well woman multivitamin s too and selenium ...luv ...samy

• Posted

Did u find any answer about your hand numbness ?
    • Posted

Oh ... Thank you for asking Samy 😻

i saw a Neurologist and he is sending me to a neurophysiologist .. can you believe it .. i've never even heard of one of those .. haha...

he will do electrical impulse testing on my nervous system and hopefully

tell me if it's that or not ..🙀

anyway ... i m really beginning to think i have a combination of carpel tunnel syndrome and arthritis .. which i do have in my hands ..

id feel great if i didn't have that pain in hands ... I think i must have done something really bad in a previous life .. 🙀 

Samy , i'm sorry youre not feeling great luvvie ...

I cannot tell you what to do... but i would go back to your doctor as soon as i could to see about that pain in your throat area.   don't mess about and waste time ...  it's YOUR body and they must help you.   don't suffer any more without help from them..  you need to know what's wrong so you cN start to make it better ... even if you have to do it yourself.

Best of Luck Luvvie

Luv Mx🌹

• Posted

Thank u so much Madge for ur kind word good to hear that u finding answers I'm hoping that endo do something ....thanks again luv .....samy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.