Hyperthyroid!! Had my 1st visit with endocrinologist, numbers off and said I was ore diabetic..

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone have any information about if these go hand in hand. I have incredible vaginal wall pain and my thighs, buttocks, neck and back flank area.. will medication for thyroid help? Is this dibilitsting!! On no meds for this as of now! Is there something I can do to help myself. I am so confused!!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Becky

It helps if you can post your lab values along with the ranges for normal beside each value to the board.  It is always a good idea to get and keep a paper copy of all your lab tests so you can see your progress.  The pain you mentioned could be arthritis. Ask your doc if this is a possibility and he can run some diagnostic tests for this.  You might start by taking supplements although when I started taking my supplements, I wanted to be tested for my levels of Carnitine, vitamin D and Magnesium before I took them.  There are also natural treatments for hyperthyroidism with Bugleweed, Melissa and Motherwort. But I think you need more answers from your doc.  When do you see him/her again?

• Posted

Linda, I was told my thyroid was good 0.674 but my T4 is off.. I am pre diabetic!! i go back to ending, in a couple of weeks! I was told from primary care I was hyperthyroid!! I am having issues with muscles knots and pain I don't know if that is related.. Got some weird stuff going on!! I am just tired of doctors.. this has been going on for sometimes now.they have had me on tons of meds for symptoms with no avail.. just gave me more complications.. I am off everything except hormone replacement and vitamins d3 and folic acid!! I am just worried, I have been a picture of health and so far every test I have had.. has been good results.. aside from what is going on with my back and a few other things! I would like to get this underway!! I don't want to spend my summer in & out of doc office.. I don't understand what all this stuff means. I was fine, bam just got knocked down!!

• Posted

Different labs have different values for the range for normal.  A TSH at 0.674 would be considered in the normal range for some labs but it is at the higher end of the range heading toward hyperthyroidism.  Don't know if your T4 is out of range, i.e. high.  A lot of hyperthyroid patients have problems with muscle pains because of the loss of vitamins, minerals and amino acids from their bodies because of the hyperthyroidism.  For the muscle aches, you can ask your doc to check your Free Carnitine and Total Carnitine level and if it is deficient as it is for so many of us, you can take L-carnitine supplements.  I would also get your Magnesium and vitamin D levels checked.  Thyroid disease, especially when it is uncontrolled can cause a lot of medical problems.  

• Posted

Have you been scanned for fibroids? I have them and get this pain x
    • Posted

Hey, thanks!! I have not.. but I believe that they should have shown up from one of the thousand test I haves.. unless it's something special to check for.

• Posted

Yeah you need a pelvic scan for them! It's exhausting isn't it! Sending positive vibes ??

• Posted

Hi Becky ,look at pelvic pain  I've got Pudental Neuralgia ,plus thyroid ,with pelvic ache / pain all your symptoms I have , yes even the neck ,that I think is relateted to my Sinisitis/ Rhinitis and tinnitus also having Mdds ( Mal de Dembarquement syndrome . I use a gel on my neck . Miserable with this every day . 😥

• Posted

Oh god I have sinusitis and rhinitis too! The ENT said it wasn't related pffft!! I also have awful neck pain!! X

• Posted

They are related ,MRI neck scan showed 2 bones out ,had these painfully put back in line ,but because of the time lapse Im no better off ,the neck and sinuses go together ,at the back of your head you have 2 Sinus pockets ,1 either side ,they're close to centre mine get inflamed , they both swell up and are very painful ,you can't touch them . Hence the neck pain / ache . Thyroid is throat , Yes . So my view having had this all over an 11 yr period ,it's all connected . Peoples I know with thyroid have same issues as myself . I think we're better at this than some ENT 's Got to have all this daily to understand its connections . Sherlock Holmes got nothing on us , beat him hands down connecting the dots . I've got a good Nasal Spray ,best I've used in 11 yrs ,my GP got me it . Clears nasal quick . Will PM you its name go get it from GP . Will say ,I get swollen Mastoid bone on my worsts Tinnitus ear ,sinuses again draining around that bone continuous . x 

• Posted

Oh god you poor thing it really is never ending isn't it!! The pain in the left neck and shoulder can be excruciating!! Do you find it comes and goes with changing levels?? Yeah Sherlock eat your bloody heart out haha! Sorry if tmi but I have this yellow stuff coming out of my nose sometimes!? I was offered a spray I'll pick up your msg. Thanks x

• Posted

Hi Becky

I'm a bit late, sorry .. but I've sent you a private message. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.