HYPERTHYROID lifestyle

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I started getting anxiety sweating about a year ago. I immediately noticed a huge lump in my throat and this whole year has been rough. All day constant head sweating and warm moist skin. Hand tremors, and I look like I don't no what sleep is,my eyes are dry,sore and tired.I started methomazloe and beta blockers in august . The methomazloe brought my tsh all the way to 8.276 TSH on 11/9/2016 to the point where I'm now shivering and cold but my head is still warm and sweaty. I have thyroid surgery planned for the 28th of this month so I'm relived about that. No matter how many hours of sleep I get per night I wake up feeling tired and my eyes are super tired looking dark circles and red in the outer corner of my eyes. I twitch in my sleep slightly and I wake up numerous times during the night to urinate. My question is after thyroid surgery do things get any better? Does the sweating or warm face suffice? I'm really just tired of feeling warm in the head and face all day for the last year for no reason.i no it's anxiety sweating, but the thing is I didn't have this before the lump in my throat formed ,so after the surgery do the symptoms lessen? Ever since the lump formed I am literally unable to sleep in I wake up the same time basically every morning early with my sweaty head and heart beating fast. I've lost a good amount of weight as well Barry any muscle in the bicep areas nowadays too. Anybody that was HYPERTHYROID m does life get better after surgery? What to expect after surgery? Thanks

9/01/2016 - free T3 3.94 , free T4 2.00 , TSH 1.70

11/9/2016 - total T3 0.89 , free T4 1.36 , TSH 8.276

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I take methomazloe and beta blockers once in the morning and once at night. I tend to feel better at night as I'm relaxing and falling asleep the sweating stops . But starts up again when I wake up in the AM and goes all the way until around 10-11pm at night

• Posted

From the swing in your lab tests, especially TSH, I am wondering if you have Hashimoto's or Graves and Hashimoto's.  The only way to know is to have your antibodies tested.  If it were me, I would not opt for surgery so quickly before I tried other things like supplements, diet and learning all I can about my disease.

• Posted

It's hyperthyroid Graves' disease is what I was diagnosed with a year ago, but I have felt slight symptoms for years, but not to the major degree until I developed the humongous nodule. My anti-thyro per 8.70, my anti-thyroglobu is 13.9 .. my thyroid stimula is 28. Ive been taking vitamin D and acetyl L carnatine as well. The lump in my throat is about 3.5cm and urged by most surgeons and endo's to get it removed so that's when I went ahead and opted to get the surgery.

• Posted

I have Graves' disease

So I know first hand what your symptoms are like !

I was extremely ill

I started Carbimazole treatment 20mg/ day then down to 10mg / day

Then 5mg/day

I Took lots of supplements !

...I'm Euthroid now and feeling

very good indeed ... a year ago I wanted to .... die !

No one could Ever make me have surgery to remove my thyroid

OR ...

Make me destroy it with RAI

It is a VERY vital part of our bodies and we simply cannot live without it

You can live with synthetic thyroid hormone ... but how well

I can name 20 people in my family who have gone this route and would reverse if they could

As for being Hypothyroid .... it is no walk in the park for many people ....ask on here how folk cope with being HYPO

And see the feedbackPlease research as much as you can about your particular

THYROID condition and how it can be

Improved naturally

Good luck

Mx🌹

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.