hyperthyroidism and anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, my doctor is working on lowering my dose, however, I am experiencing

a lot of anxiety and insomnia.Has anyone experienced this as well.

Thanks

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Morningdove,

I can totally relate to the insomnia and anxiety, I have been newly diagnosed with hyperthyroidism with a TSH of .008 and a free T4 at 2.3. Playing the waiting game until I can get into the Endocrinologist.

Hypothyroidism seems to be more common among friends and books out there, so I am glad to have this forum for sharing support and advice for Hypothyroidism . The night time restlessness and lack of sleep are brutal right now. Maybe I should boost some B vitamin supplements?

• Posted

Hi Teresa,

my hyperthyroidism is being helped with lowered dose of synthroid.now I have to wait and see in about 4 to 6 weeks how my blood work looks.i hope it doesn't get to low.

I take b12 , it seems to help a bit.

have a good day

• Posted

I hope you are feeling better with your course of treatment. I met with the Endocrinologist and after more lab tests determined I had developed subacute thyroiditis caused by a virus. My levels are improving and I am feeling better. The extra B12 really helped and I am also on Losartan. No further treatment is needed at this time. I am so thankful to have had this site to share information and support.

Thank you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.