Hypnotherapy for anxiety - has anyone tried it?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone got any experience of hypnotherapy for anxiety?  I have been diagnosed with GAD and had one session of hypnotherapy after exhausting many other options.  Too early to tell at the moment but would be interested to hear others experiences. 

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I had hypnotherapy when my anxiety was really bad. It really helped. Think I had 4-5 sessions. Didn't cute it but def helped with minimising the physical symptoms xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for this. I have a second session  this week on Wednesday. I had first one last Thursday and had virtually no palpitations that day or the next. They have come back over the weekend so I felt a little disappointed. He gave me a recording to do which makes me feel very relaxed at the time but not all day. Early days, I guess!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes just remember that there is no quick fix - although I wish all the time there was! 

Def do the recording - my hypnotherapist gave them to me too and I use to listen to then every night and morning to help prepare myself for the day. The only thing that I have found that has really actually helped is a mixture of counselling, tapping and EFT. Hypnotherapy def helped me when I was at my worst and needed to deal with the physical symptoms x

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up