hypochondriasis & anxiety - Please help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all! 

I've been suffering with OCD and health anxiety for as long as I can remember but this developed worse last year. It began with my left leg. I had started the gym last September and my left leg started to be very painful and I googled my symptoms and the results where thrombosis. Went to the GP, professor & physiotherapist they all told me I had nothing wrong but I had a strained muscle.. still I worried a lot , had sleepless nights for about a month thinking I might have thrombosis. 

After a month thinking I had thrombosis I started to feel twitching. Twiching everywhere in my body and "obviously" I searched googled and the first results were MS or ALS. I started to freak out and couldn't control myself, I started to not going to work, always crying always sad.. feeling really depressed and decided I need help. I went to a psychiatrist and told me that I have major health anxiety and the twitching where coming from the anxiety. 

After having some medicine I started to feel much more better.. I started to have my old life back, sleeping all night, going to work normally, going out with my friends, so I decided to stop the medicine (which this is REALLY bad). Last month I started to itch.. I suffer from eczema so I googled my symptoms and the result which I concluded was 'Lymphoma'. I panicked but I told myself that I'm being a hypochondriac so I tried to calm myself down. After some days I had a small bump under my armpit, thinking it was a lymph node, I started to panic I was worried sick and started to search more about Lymphoma, I started to feel more itchy, having panic attacks, and decided to go to my GP. He told me that my underarm had an irritated sweat gland and that I should continue to take the OCD pills. Today I woke up feeling better but I felt something wrong with my right gland under my jaw line. When I touched it , it was a bit tender and a bit painful. I came to work and started to worry, I'm crying alot, I'm feeling that this is getting out of hand, I'm not feeling well and this is controlling my lifestyle,

What should I do please? I really need help can someone help me please? 

Thanks! 

2 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.