hypos

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi im a new member. im going to try these tabs starting 14 october.any help from type 2 diabetes members would be great im on novo mix 30 insulin, 100 units a day.im worried about hypos with hunger.any advice please regards. billy

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm on metformin. My diabetic nurse, who also started me on Orlistat, says to make sure you have plenty of carbs to keep your sugar level up. She also suggests going vegetarian, but not into that I'm sorry to say. I always have supper, about 9pm, usually cereal and milk.

My day consists of

Breakfast - porridge oats mixed with mullerlight yoghurt and loads of fruit.

Mid morning - Alpen bar, or fruit.

Lunch - either soup and roll, or sandwich, no marg I use pickle, low fat ham and salad followed by an apple

Tea - meat and veg and an apple

Supper - cereal and milk

Drink plenty, I usually have water or low fat squash and the odd green tea.

I have lost 18 lbs since beginning of August.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

• Posted

thanks jondave will keep you updated regdrds billy
  • Posted

Hi I've been on insulin for several years now and despite trying to diet my weight just kept going up and up. My dietician suggested that I change from humalog 25 mix twice a day onto the basal bolus multiple dose, I was cynical but it's been miraculous. I find it so much easier to stick to a diet, my blood glucose levels are the best they've ever been and I've lost two stone! I know it won't be right for everyone but it's worth asking your consultant about as changing insulins has made a big difference to my appetite.
  • Posted

thanks sugar.i changed from insulatard in november.put on 5 kilos since then.i was thinking about changing,now im going to see about trying a different.insulin.thankyou once again billy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.