hysterectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all need an answer if anyone knows,i have had 2 ovaries removed,a dermoid tumor which was spun around right ovary 3.5 times ,this was 23months ago ,i had polyps removed from bowel womb and kidney,etc,i still have pain in my lower right side,my womb lining was 16mm in oct now its 4mm,cancer is in my family , iknow its not cancer thank god,but i want my womb removed to prevent this,i have been told the womb should have come out when both ovaries were taken ,but i still have my womb i had major surgery for ovaries and dermoid removal,but pain sometimes is terrible ,has anyone else been through this,also any advice many thanks margaret x 

1 like, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Poor you !

Why didn't they do it all at once ?

I have had gynae probs for years and have only just had a hysterectomy after so many procedures.

I hope that it all gets done and dusted. Sometimes the drs just don't see the heartache. Shame on them

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

tzena and deb thank you for writing back to me,when i first went to see the surgeon ,he said all it was was IBS and a small cyst,  and he went away for a months holiday,i was taken in hospital 2 times whilst he was away,when he came back i demanded to see him,(so much pain) ,when he had operated the next week,i was kept in hospital a night,the next morning 7am he sat on my bed and said how sorry he was he didnt relize it had torstioned 3.5 times around right ovary,he took both ovaries so it cant grow back but not my womb?i had 24 staples major surgery ,why leave my womb im asked by everyone i see,i want it removed as i dont want this pain anymore,Did you have pain?before,i had been through my menopause when i was 47 im now 56 , had op at 55 ,thank you both i am now seeing another gynae,wish you both better thanks mags xsmile
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I had a tumour in my uterus and had full abdominal hysterectomy at end of October.  Hope to get all clear at end of March. Glad it was all done at once, it is major surgery and I'm still getting niggly pain on right side and still feel battered and bruised.  Sorry you having to go through all this, maybe you should ask for a second opinion?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Margaret

I live in Melbourne and thank goodness we opted to pay for private healthcare, it's expensive but has been worth it.  I am 44 and started menopause 3 yrs ago.  My worst problem now is lack of sleep but hope to go on HRT after tests to check clear of cancer then maybe I will get my life back, only those who experience the symptoms of menopause can understand and sympathise.

good luck and get well soon.Deb

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up