I admit defeat

Posted , 7 users are following.

I hinestly cant cope anymore i feel like im failing in all aspects of being a mum and wife im just ready to give up how sad

1 like, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi anna do you really think youve failed or do you just worry about others thinking that ! Have you tried talking to someone maybe a friend or a member of your family if thats not possible can you go to your doctor and see if he can help you ! Please dont give up you have so much more to give as both a mother and a wife ! I would like to think you will get better with the right support ! Take care and i wish you well (david)
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It might seem like you are failing honey but you won't be and if you asked them how their lives would be without you, you would realise that you aren't.  I've been there and attempted to take my life thonking that I was a failure and they'd be better off without me but a month later when I was eventually discharged from hospital they told me what their lives were like thinking I would die,  So please believe honey you are not a failure xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

anna come on hun relax i know its hard and you may feel i dont want to hear people say relax. its the hardest job in the world have you told your partner how you feel he maybe able to help you and take some of the pressure off you . x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You don't admit defeat. Do you know why? Somewhere deep inside your mind is a little flame that will refuse to be distinguished. Your depressed mind can tell you all the lies it wants but your rational mind will not let that flame go out.

You may not feel strong today and you may not feel strong tomorrow but that doesn't matter. Some days we do not have the energy to fight and that's ok. Just see those days as the days that your mind needs to rest and is storing up energy and positivity to come back fighting.

We all have days like this sugar. I feel like I'm losing hope more days than not but I refuse to give up. On bad days,I'm scare,tired and negative but I try to accept that's the way I'm feeling that day and tomorrow is a new day.

xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey Anna

Please dont give up, there is so many people out there that are trying to overcome depression and I am one of those people.  Life is tough even for those who seem to sail through it.  I only joined here today to talk to someone only find that so many people are like me and are struggling, lets all help each other find a way through it.  Take Care xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Dear Anna.  I've had depression on and off for a long time and I do understand how you are feeling. It's horrible and it's almost impossible to believe that you'll get better - but you will. It can seem incredibly lonely to battle depression on a daily basis so do get support from your GP and anyone else who you can give you support and tell them just how you are feeling. There are lots of interventions that can help and there are lots of people who are thinking of you and urging you not to give up so hang on in there. It's hard I know but you will get better.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up