I am 19 and have such bad health anxiety, i cant stop thinking about it does anyone else have this?

Posted , 5 users are following.

It all strted a few months back when i had really bad stomach pains they diagnoised me wrong 3 time, first with and std (which i didnt have ) then a bladder infection which i didnt have and then just blamed it on my IBS. The pain isnt as bad at all anymore i dont really feel it but im still not convinced theyve sorted it. Since then my anxiety has gotten so bad to the point where im going to the doctors once a week they must think im crazy. Im getting arm pains, legs pains, random pains around my body, sometimes i feel like i cant breath. i convince myself im dying and get distraught about it. They have done my bloods and said they where fine and keep telling me i have anxiety and have referred me to a therapist but im still constantly worrying. 

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

You have to ask yourself how many times you need to go to the doctor and how many tests you have done before you are convinced that there's nothing wrong with you.  Nothing, that is, apart from thinking about every little pain, niggle, and discomfort you feel on and in your body.  You've been told it's anxiety and it probably is and I bet I know what you've been doing.  I bet you read the messages on the Anxiety board, looking for people with the same symptoms as you. I've had my fair share of anxiety and I used to think that I was bad but I now realise that I'm not half as bad as the people who post on here!  I've got a trip to London coming up shortly and even though I always enjoy it I always have panic attacks for weeks beforehand.   I haven't had any since I stopped reading the messages on the Anxiety board.  I know they can be helpful, especially when people give advice but they can also make any worries worse.  If you keep reading about how anxious people are then it only fuels any fears you may have.   You have to try and think of any times when you feel calm and not anxious, when you're doing something perhaps that takes your mind off it.   If you do have times when you don't feel any of the aches and pains then this must surely prove to you that they're all in your mind because if you had something physically wrong with you then wouldn't you feel them all the time, no matter what you were doing? Why don't you try, say, a week without looking at any messages on this board and have a mind change and not think about how "ill" you are but how lucky you are that you haven't been definitely diagnosed  with anything horrible.   I changed my mind set about London by making myself look forward to the trip rather than immediately thinking that something dreadful was going to happen and I think this is why I now feel optimistic rather than pessimistic.  I hope you manage to get over your feeings and go on to enjoy your life more.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi

Thanks for your comment, i have decided today iv booked a doctors apoointment and its going to be my last one for a very long time im just going to tell them what i need done to put my mind at rest and then that should be it. You have a point i look at these things to make myself feel better and not completley crazy but id like to get to the point where i dont need these to feel that. Thinking on the positive not the negative but sometimes thats alot easier said than done.

Im going to take your advice though and start to feel better. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Worry is a terrible thing and will make you feel ill - I am the same - I had CBT and talking therapy but while it was going on I was o.k. but when it ended I went back to being anxious and worrying about everything and nothing.  It's very hard to cope with but please go back to your doctor and try to explain exactly how you feel.  I don't have any helpful answers for you but at such a young age it must hold you and your life back and you deserve a life worry free and be be able to enjoy things.I wish you all the very best and hope that you get the help you need
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hiya chick u sound a bit like me😕 ive had severe health anxiety for a while now, i was in a mess earlier this week as i was losing brownish discharge when im not due on😕 also have back ache so i diagnosed myself with cervical cancer and ended up in a right mess, went to doctor tuesday he said he didnt think it was cc and i did have a urine infection, ive had my smear done and now s******* myself incase something is wrong😣 ur pains in ur legs and arms will be down to u being anxious so try not to worry, anxiety can come out in so many ways, i get really bad back and neck, ive had burning sensation in my arms and pain, ive had dizzyness and also not being able to catch a proper breath if u know what i mean... all of it is anxiety its a pain in the arse 😠 i have also had bloods taken and the doctor did say that if there was anything wrong it would show in the bloods, i know its hard but just try not to stress urself out, everyone on here are really supportive too which helps ☺ xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi mollies.u r not alone.no worries about ur body.just anxiety again.it makes realy strange pain in ur whole body.hands arms head back shortness of breath...they r all we r experidancing too.:-(
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up