I am 22, Physically drained and unwell every year due to anxiety

Posted , 9 users are following.

Every year for 3 years now at around this time anxiety attacks me physically in different part of my body & gives my symptoms of a serious illness. In the first year, it was shooting pains in my ribs & blurred vision. Second year I had wobbly legs constantly for around two months. Now I have unfamiliar pains in my head & pins and needle sensations traveling through my body- each year these symptoms are accompanied with fatigue, adrenaline waves that bring on sweaty palms, tinnitus & a constant general worry about everything, so I probably won't bother wasting the doctors time this year. I have never known anyone to suffer with stress and anxiety in the way I do? Does any of my symptoms relate to anyone? 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes i do understand I have been going through some very bad physical symstoms myself. Body aches pins and needles chest pains n all for months now. Some days are worse than others n i get scared at times n have literally been to the doctor probably almost a hundred times in almost three months.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply Ashley, 

im relieved to know you are experiencing the pins and needles too, although sad to hear that. I'm constantly advised to remain positive and to stay busy Yet constantly doing that is exhausting. It's very scary, as these symptoms are unexplained.. I end up over thinking and diagnosing myself online which is the recipe for a disaster because every time its a life threatening problem. My problem is I am absolutely petrified of the doctors , so I don't seek for reassurance, my mind wanders. It's a vicious circle. 

• Posted

It is not good to google or worry n i do it myself often but now i just pray n try to stay strong n tell myself this to shall pass i had begun to get depressed about it n could barely do anything with my kids but they are my motivation to not let this anxieety get the bedt of me i have always been a worry wart n easily stressed out n i think this year i had alot worse n it really triggered my anxiety
  • Posted

i lost my mom to a car accdent when i was 17 im now 47. i was in a big bus accident in 2007 got back surgery and hurt my neck im in consent pain every daythats what started my anxiety im scared to be on the roads now. . then i lost my dad 5 yrs ago to lung cancer and then a friend had a bad stroke and now is parylized .it seems every since then my anxiety and panic gotten worsier.i keep thinking something gonna happen to me. i keep getting wierd pains in my head and my body my legs feel wobbly every time i walk i feel like im gonna fall over and pass out. . i just started getting the shooting pain in my ribs and blur vission. and been feeling very tired lately. 
    • Posted

Hey i gwt like that at times and i think its wprse the more you worry so try not to worry. I worry alot and over think things myself
    • Posted

Yes i try not to think about try to keep busy but soon as i stop doing something it starts up again im just frustrated just want it to stop im afaid to to take any pills cause a doctor once said i had high blood pressure so she put me blood pressure medication then my blood pressure drop to low my body went into a shock i started to get these very very bad headaches thought i was gonna die . but i found out why my blood pressure was up because of my anxiety. cause my blood pressure was always normal.
    • Posted

i keep hearing about these natraul pills called 5htp for anxiety im gonna go get them at lasson heath store and see if those will help me.
  • Posted

Hi, Katie:  You might want to be checked for Fibromyalgia....it has the symptoms of pins going through your body...It is overactive nerve cells. I take Lyrica for mine..makes the pain go away.  Anxiety, of course, makes it worse...Hope this helps...
  • Posted

I know how you feel katie, and I'm sorry these years have been hard.

I've always been a worrywort, but things got really bad after my dad got disabled from his stroke last year. God I hate that word so much, damn stroke. Anyways I constantly worry if anything was to happen to my mom, me or sister then what would become of my dad. It got really bad in April when I would get a panic attack like 2-3 times everyday. I've had panic attack, bad chest pains, muscle fatigue, burst of sadness which leads to excessive crying, shocking/stinging feeling all over my body, numbness, twitching really bad headaches. I've thought I had heart problems, MS, brain tumor, anerysm, dvt, now my mind is focused on cancer.

It's hard and I tried to resist going to the doctor but some of symptoms last so long that I have to go get it checked out, then after I get it checked those symptoms go away.

• Posted

hi bunny

i just read your reply and your symptoms seem similar to mind anxiety can be so awful and feels like it takes over your life.. its nice to feel like your not alone with all these weird things that happens to you.

• Posted

I can totally relate to all of your symptoms! I worry about those exact illnesses too.. Double paranoid about MS as my father has primary progressive MS. I'm focussed on a Brain tumour at the moment, I keep getting a pulsating pain on the left side of my head with blurred vision, apparently it's a migraine. Thanks for sharing your story with me & I hope you over come this one day in the near future. 
  • Posted

hi katie.

im 26 an ive been suffering from anxiety for 8 years ive had all types of symptoms chest pains and heart pains so bad i thought i was having a heart attack . tightening in my throat and i use to think i couldnt swallow food or i would chock. all types of shooting pains in my body, and during this i would have a panic attack at least once a week. absolutely horrible. been doctors and hospital so many times ive lost count and all said the same thing, ANXIETY!!. i been dealing with it for so long i started to get use to it, but 3 months ago a hole new set of symptoms have started. seeing flickering lights, blurred vision ,headaches, pressure in head , tingling in feet sharp pains in face oh and i had a twitching eye for 3 days . so as u can believe i ran straight to Google lol were i diagnosed MySELF with either a brain tumor or ms. oh just to let you no i looked on Google when i first got the lights flickering symptom and saw all the other symptoms on there which can be caused by ms or tumor, and then i got them symptoms to. anyways so ive been opticians 3 times and doctors 5 times since these new symptoms and guess what they said... yep ANXIETY. so im guessing anxiety can do anything... sorry to go on for so long .

• Posted

Hey Sade, 

wow! I've never had pains in my face, mm but everything else I think I can totally relate to! It's like once your body begins to get used to one thing.. Anxiety will go right on to attack a new part of your body, I don't actually get comfort from the doctors.. In fact it stresses me out so much just making the appointment and waiting in that waiting room, that I leave it until a member of my family pretty much forces me to go. So I sort of live in the dark, completely assuming & hoping that my symptoms are just anxiety! Reading all of these amazing comments have made me feel more at ease as anxiety can be so lonely as no one can even begin to understand what it's like. Sorry to go on too.. I hope you can resolve your problems & I'm sorry you've been going through this for so long. 

• Posted

And isn't it funny how you have almost no symptoms unless you expressly think about it? I have had all the same stuff everyone here is talking about and I tend to get very worked up about any little thing that could be symptomatic of something else. I could go months of no symptoms as long as i don't think about them but then I might be laying still one night and think about it and instantly feel a tingling or twitch or pain. So annoying

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.