I am 300 bupropion and I was put on 15 mg mitazapine two days ago to help me sleep.

Posted , 3 users are following.

It made me very aggressive and hostile today. It made me fel like I gained ten pounds overnight even after working out at the gym! I am 5'3 and 116, is this normal? Will these side effects wear off? My husband said I slept like a rock but can't stand the mood changes.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Mirtazapine does have these side effects, it renown for weight increase into the stones, and mood changes are one of the rare side effects. Not sure if your Uk based but either way I give it a few weeks but if it gets worse then go back to your doctor and tell him whats going on
  • Posted

I have become extremely ratty since taking and find it so hard to be around people as I am like it with them. Plus I cannot stop eating!
  • Posted

I put on two stone with that med even going to the gym and eating healthy...why I stopped taking it x
  • Posted

I am surprised your on Bupropion as it nor usual a first line anti depressant. It has been widely described as a weak norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor. The most important things thou is  the biggest  side effect is an increase in risk for epileptic seizures, which caused the drug to be withdrawn from the market for some time and then caused the recommended dosage to be reduced.xxx
  • Posted

Thank you Jimmy, Sandy and Nikki for your input about these medicines. I am feeling less tired and was back to my cheerful self today. I am more hungry today. I will try to offset the weight gain by working out at the gym and eating healthier. Hopefully this works and drinking more tea and water than a glass of wine after work! Drats!)

have a great day!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.